Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Distributer Cleaning/Sevicing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
newdeal2
Are there any tech articles on cleaning and servicing the distributer in a 2 Liter F1 [74]? I have never done this and since I just rebuilt my engine I think it's a good idea before I go any further tuning the car.
DJsRepS
Check Pelican parts site for an info. Its easy if you like to tinker. It has an offset slot and can only fit back in one way. To get out 10mm wrench loosen timing adj clamp to turn to left to get at 13mm bolt on block. Pop cap off with wires and lay to side. Unplug wires and vac hoses and pull out. My trigger points, one free motion one sticky feeling, bad dirty and lobe nasty and point's advance plate gummy movment and vac advance leaking diagfram (shot) Put drop of oil dn the shaft under the rotor, it lubes advance. Clean and lube lobes for trigger and ign points. Preset gap on ign points then, check oRing (replace dont glue) Drop back in, start, adj dwell, adj timming, Go drive!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.