Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Help transporting a 914 this weekend in N-CA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CptTripps
So I've hired two different shipping companies to get the 914 I bought from xsJerry in Eureka, out to me in Cleveland. Both have now gone MIA. I'm up against a wall, because Jerry is moving on Sunday and the car needs to be gone.

The car is in Arcata right now, and he can meet with someone today or tomorrow to get the car to a place that's a little easier to ship from. The car is drivable. I just need to get it somewhere else.

Anyone up there that can help? (Or looking for something to do this weekend?)

I'm happy to pay for gas and your time. (Within reason.)

Feel free to call me directly. Two 16 six-five-0 six-073 or email doug(at)SparkBase(dot)com

Thanks for the help gang.

-Doug

(Mods: If this doesn't belong in this section, feel free to move it.)
green914
Can xsJerry drive it to Sacramento today? If you just need a place to park it while arranging transport I could help you out.
CptTripps
Unfortunately, he can't. He's moving today/tomorrow, so there's no way for home to drive it more than a close distance.
CptTripps
Green914 to the rescue!

Thanks Jerry!!
shoguneagle
I just read this thread and do you need any help??? If the Sacramento run is too long you could bring it to Grants Pass as a temporary base; i do have a trailer that can haul it to another place or whateverer. Let me know since I will be leaving for Arizona Monday morning; I can be in Cresent City/Arcata area on Sunday if needed and have enough lead time.

Steve Hurt
Grants Pass, OR
Shoguneagle
CptTripps
green914 should be arriving in Eureka any minute. He's there with (I believe) his wife, and they're going to turn around and drive it back to Sacramento tonight.

From there, I'll work on transport this week back to Cleveland. Should be a TON easier from Sacramento than Eureka. His son(?) owns a lot that does a lot of shipping, so I think I'm covered...finally.
green914
biggrin.gif Here's the PO's with the car just before we drove it off to Sacramento. 4752900213 is safe at my home in Sacramento, and will be on its way to Cleveland very soon.
green914
The car drove great, no problems on the trip down. smile.gif I would love to take this car out to an autocross happy11.gif It took a lot of willpower not to jump on it, but then again the SO was fallowing me dry.gif keeps me out of trouble.
Harpo
Nice looking car and that was very nice of you to do this for Cpt Tripps.

DAvid
green914
smile.gif We will take it to the lot on Tuesday, and give you the contact info for transport.
green914
QUOTE(Harpo @ Sep 1 2013, 01:07 PM) *

Nice looking car and that was very nice of you to do this for Cpt Tripps.

DAvid

It's always fun to check out other 914s, and even more fun when I get to drive them. smile.gif
bulitt
QUOTE(green914 @ Sep 1 2013, 03:41 PM) *

The car drove great, no problems on the trip down. smile.gif I would love to take this car out to an autocross happy11.gif It took a lot of willpower not to jump on it, but then again the SO was fallowing me dry.gif keeps me out of trouble.

Going to be a decision to dump the V8 for the Suby.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.