Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Not my happiest day...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave_Darling
Came out of the house this morning to head down to the soon-to-be-mine new condo.

Found several pieces of 914 taillight lens, and one piece of rear bumper rubber, in the street next to my car. The paint has been pretty scraped on that corner as well.

Due to the ASSHOLE MORON BODY SHOP that worked on my car last, I will likely have to replace the whole taillight assembly. (The bozos glued the lens on. And then glued the assembly to the body of the car!) And my spares are both right-side.

On the positive side, at least the lights still work... And the sheet-metal isn't bent (much).

Oh, and the staff at the condo don't have the correct key for my place. So I couldn't get in to check things over...

Damn, I hate hit-and-run drivers! And it almost has to be someone who lives in my GF's condo complex, too. She's on a cul-de-sac...

--DD
mattillac
i used to always see a nice v8 power boat parked on one of our main drags here in vallejo. drove by one day and the thing was in splinters, engine on the ground. i can only imagine the look on the owners face ohmy.gif icon8.gif headbang.gif i doubt the guy left his number either.
EdwardBlume
Sorry to hear about this crappy incident.

Your only hope for retribution is karma.

I have some Oly blue paint in a spray can that's close if you need some short term coverage.
TheCabinetmaker
Dave, I got a light bucket for ya. Let me know.
chikenfajita
the same thing happend to me on thursday of last week. some asshole crashed into my car during the night. puting a huge dent on the passenger side door. what sucked is that that was the only door that has a door handle, so i was looked outside.when i finally got the door open, i spent the rest of my day pounding the dent out and bondoing. fortunetly non of the window mechanism was broken. but i feel your anger. ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif
boxstr
DD let me know if you need any parts. Sorry to read about the H&R.
CCLINASSHOLES
campbellcj
That sux! Sorry to hear about the damage & expense.

Not that it will make ya feel any better, but when I lived in West L.A., I had 3 different cars nailed while parked near home. One was severely damaged with around $3K in repairs. (Repeat offense drunk driver). Another one was also a drunk driver who actually abandoned her Bimmer convertible in the middle of the road while "embedded" in the door of our parked vehicle, at 2am or so. She actually left the engine running and the keys inside but somehow locked the car and stumbled home! It turns out she was a neighbor. We heard that her license was revoked and financial penalties inflicted, plus her boyfriend dumped her and kicked her out of his apartment...stuff tossed out on the lawn and the whole bit.
Bruce Allert
Geeeze Dave, sorry to hear it.

Nobody deserves geting hit let alone it be done by an asshole that won't fess up... fuckers mad.gif

....b
Dr Evil
Had some :dhead: push my exhaust, bumper, engine and tranny in pulling out of a spot that was too small for him. It must have been a slow methodical rub. Bent my f-ing engine bar. If I would have found him doing that I would be writing this from jail. Not that I am violent, but that has to be one of my buttons fighting19.gif
jimtab
Hang in there Dave, I have it on good authority that there is a special level of HELL for fucking hit and run drivers. Apparently they are stuck for all eternity in a featurless room with a beautiful naked woman and a bottle of the best whisky ever made, apparently though there is a hole in the bottom of the bottle but not the gal....
nebreitling
so sorry to hear that, dave... let us know if we need to have a weekend "work on dave's car" party...
redshift
Dave, I am so feeling your pain buddy... been there, back before there was a yackernet.

ohmy.gif ... 10-4, good buddy...

I remember saying I wished I'd see the trolls who whacked me... and really hoping not.

chair.gif

M.... over... -static-
DJsRepS
That Bites. Put a cheap motion sensor alarm wired to the OEM horn (no other alarm sounds like that) at least then you might make it outside in time to see the tail lights drive off. Hope you find your parts soon, hey try the 914world.com!!
spare time toys
I know all about this while not hit and run just as bad. We used to live in Irving and had a new dodge minivan. I was going down the service road in the right lane and this guy in a crap car decides he needs to turn into the mall from the left lane by going through my van. mad.gif cops come and he has no insurance and isnt "legal" to be in this country. They send him back to Mex. and I eat my deductable and am out a van finger.gif The bad part is the butthead was most likely back in town the next week drinking beer with his buddies and jokeing about his free trip home for the week.
Dave_Darling
Wow, I guess there is good news to this story. The impact evidently weakened the bond between the lens and the housing. I was able to take the lens off (in pieces, but hey!) and swap in a spare that I had! smile.gif

Of course, the paint is still scraped up and the bumper top is missing a chunk, but at least I won't get hassled by the cops for having broken taillights...

Many thanks to those who offered parts!

--DD
redshift
smilie_pokal.gif WTG DAVE!

unsure.gif

confused24.gif

M
Sammy
Iffn it were me, I'd make a few trips around the complex looking for paint damage on someone's car. Then I'd check out every body shop within 5 miles, then I'd keep my eye out for a car with one corner freshly primered. Long shot, but would be fun to find if you know what I mean.
balljoint
Yeah, sneek a peek around the complex. Are there any bits of paint from the offending vehicle? CSI that damaged area, it might give you some more clues.
Dave_Darling
I have checked the area's cars twice. No joy. Found a few scrapes that were close, but none that were the same. No parts of the offender were left as clues. sad.gif

Oh, and for the TTIWWOP crowd, here's one for ya....

--DD
balljoint
That totally sucks. So far I am the only one who has done any damage to my car and that has been in the name of rustoration. What about phoning the FBI and telling them that an envelope with a couple of photocopied $20s was left in payment for the damage. rolleyes.gif Then you have a federal crime and the bureau looking for your offender. Looks like bumper rubber on your fender lip, that gives you a clue to ride height anyway.
carambola
that paint looks like it came off very easy. what night did this happen, kinda like a fri night booty call and not the sat night booty call. there's your man, or lucky guy
Dave_Darling
I don't think I understood more than a few words of that.

It happened Friday night.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.