Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 916 on speed channel (on now)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
East coaster
They just showed an in cockpit shot of a 916 cruising down the highway. It looked like a Tangerine?
xsboost90
yeah i was just cracking up. I put on my 959 desert racer shirt earlier and they just showed THAT car on the show. Good program!
Eric_Shea
916?

Wasn't that Brian Redman preparing for Targa Florio in a factory prepared 914-6? (with the top off... kinda hard to do in a 916) confused24.gif
redshift
Not if you have a can opener.

ohmy.gif

M
nickg
you are correct, i have the tape, it is an error. that is the footage from another race movie( can't remember the name off hand, i don't think it is the quick and the dead) it is him(redman) prparing for the 70 or 71 targa florio...
Brett W
You know, for a guy that has driven some of the fastest race cars in the world you would think Alan could learn to pronounce Porsche correctly.

IT IS A TWO SYLLABLE WORD!!!!!! POR-SCHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ar15.gif
markb
QUOTE(nickg @ Dec 11 2004, 09:15 PM)
you are correct, i have the tape,

Where can I buy a copy of the tape?
nickg
i taped it off speed a while ago.
redshift
I'd love to cut the roof off of a 916 though, and put a V-8 in there.

M
nomore4
[quote=markb,Dec 11 2004, 11:31 PM] [/QUOTE]
Where can I buy a copy of the tape? [/quote]
I saw the DVD for sale on ebay or you can order it from speed channel.
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE(markb @ Dec 11 2004, 11:31 PM)
QUOTE(nickg @ Dec 11 2004, 09:15 PM)
you are correct, i have the tape,

Where can I buy a copy of the tape?

Here is the web site you can order the dvd from Vicotry by Design
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Brett W @ Dec 11 2004, 10:47 PM)
You know, for a guy that has driven some of the fastest race cars in the world you would think Alan could learn to pronounce Porsche correctly.

I always chuckle when I hear him say "shassiss"
Trekkor
I thought he consistantly said both Porsche and Pors-che.

When he was showing one car, it got the two syllable.
Many cars or the race team got the single. confused24.gif

Kinda like I do it. I don't like to say Pors-che. Feels snooty.
Sometimes I do it anyway, when I want people to know it's a real Pors-che!

KT
xsboost90
yeah you correct one person and then after that its always..." oh right POR-SCHE not porscha!" then you feel like a snob. :finger2:
Stutgart46
I watched that as well last night. Another error I heard was whe Alan was talking about the 993 he said it had a 3.7 ltr motor. Besides the rare RS aren't all 993's 3.6 ltr.'s?
It's still a great documentary and I have been fortunate enough to meet Alan and he is one of the nicest car guys around.
Eric_Shea
Back to the car at hand... I'd love to know what engine they supplied in that "demonstrator" car. I'm guessing a 2.2S derivative with carbs or a 2.5 race motor of the day.
qa1142
Lynne ordered this dvd for me for Chistmas! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.