Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel Injection
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sphillips
Looking for a 2.0 project to help me thru the coming winter. Many cars for sale have carbs in lieu of original FI. Anyone know approximate cost of the FI system, if available?

Thanks
914itis
If you are looking for the original, they are no longer available new. You can put a WTB ( want to buy) in the classified, I have seen them going for anywhere between $150 and 600

You will need:
Throttle body
MPS
Intake runners
Injectors
Fuel rails
ECU
Distributor
Harness

There are some other systems out there, i am sure others will chime in.
type47
QUOTE(914itis @ Sep 1 2013, 09:55 PM) *

If you are looking for the original, they are no longer available new. You can put a WTB ( want to buy) in the classified, I have seen them going for anywhere between $150 and 600

You will need:
Throttle body
MPS
Intake runners
Injectors
Fuel rails
ECU
Distributor
Harness

intake air distributor/intake plenum
decel valve
Aux Air Regulator
air cleaner

JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(type47 @ Sep 2 2013, 03:08 PM) *

QUOTE(914itis @ Sep 1 2013, 09:55 PM) *

You will need:
Throttle body
MPS
Intake runners
Injectors
Fuel rails
ECU
Distributor
Harness

intake air distributor/intake plenum
decel valve
Aux Air Regulator
air cleaner

Assuming this is a D-Jet system, you also will need:

Air filter
Air cleaner mounting bracket and hardware
Throttle body gasket
Throttle body return spring
Intake runner gaskets at air plenum
Intake runner gaskets at cyl head
TPS
Trigger points
Fuel pump
Fuel filter
Injector tip and body gaskets
Injector mounting brackets
Fuel hose, incl dealer-only adapter hose
Fuel hose clamps
Vacuum hoses
Fuel pressure regulator
TS1 - intake air temp sender
TS2 - cyl head temp sender
MPS mounting bracket
ECU mounting bracket
Tri-spade connector for grounds
Stacked elbow
90degree vacuum elbows
Charcoal filter
Misc assorted screws, nuts washers

..which is to say, be very careful when someone is selling an FI systems as 'complete". You need to know what every component is, whether or not it is serviceable and if every component above is included...or its not complete. If a given parts does not work, its worthless. No one pulls off a perfectly good, 100% complete FI system unless there is a problem with it somewhere. Be informed.
speed metal army
Don't be afraid of carbs. Do a search on D-Jet grief and lack of available parts. Youll be busy for weeks.
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Sep 2 2013, 09:13 PM) *

Don't be afraid of carbs. Do a search on D-Jet grief and lack of available parts. Youll be busy for weeks.

propaganda....everything can be found...
914werke
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Sep 2 2013, 04:01 PM) *

..which is to say, be very careful when someone is selling an FI systems as 'complete". You need to know what every component is, whether or not it is serviceable and if every component above is included...or its not complete. If a given parts does not work, its worthless. No one pulls off a perfectly good, 100% complete FI system unless there is a problem with it somewhere. Be informed.

Too far Jeff dry.gif

While I agree with the sentiment I dont necessarily agree with the comment.
DBCooper
QUOTE(rdauenhauer @ Sep 2 2013, 10:19 PM) *

Too far Jeff dry.gif

While I agree with the sentiment I dont necessarily agree with the comment.

True. The bottom halves of a lot of 914's have become crumbly or disappeared, leaving parts without cars. You can also get most of what you need on a no longer functional but "complete" engine, not uncommon to find and typically not that expensive. But Jeff's right about that being a lot of parts and needing to be able to troubleshoot your installation. That "troubleshooting" thing is why carbs go onto cars... but then the new owners can spend the same amount of time tuning carbs that they would have spent troubleshooting the fuel injection they just took off.

JRust
Keep your eye's open in the classifieds. I pick one up every once in a while just in case. I've got a spare 2.0 setup right now. Along with a bunch of odds & ends. Don't even have motor for them to go on. I've been known to pick up a car every now & then though confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby

..which is to say, be very careful when someone is selling an FI systems as 'complete". You need to know what every component is, whether or not it is serviceable and if every component above is included...or its not complete. If a given part does not work, its worthless. No one pulls off a perfectly good, 100% complete FI system unless there is a problem with it somewhere. Only someone predisposed towards carbs or modifying their engine in some way would pull off a perfectly fine FI. Be informed.

OK, Ok, I fixed it...there are no absolutes wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.