Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pictures of the inside of a longitudinal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
mrbubblehead
hi gang. does anyone have a picture of the inside of a longitudinal? i mainly want to see the front half. i would like to see how the 90 degree elbow for the heater duct is attached. i am planning on running my oil lines thru the heater duct. up one side of the car and back the other side. but i dont want to come up that 90. i would like to either replace it with a 45 degree bend and rotate 90 degrees so the line will pop out close to the floor, then route around the inner fender well and then enter the front longitudinal section to exit into the front trunk. or..... completely eliminate that that 90 degree bend and come out of the long at a more gradual angle.

i will make a removable cover similar to this picture that i found. IPB Image

any pictures will help. i dont want to do exploratory surgery. i want to be least invasive as possible. those of you useing the heater channel as a conduit for your oil lines, how did you do it?

thanks for the pictures
doug
cary
Post #12 on short notice is the best I can do.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...187546&st=0
sixnotfour
beerchug.gif
cwpeden
The insulated heater tube fills up lots of it. See the size of the clips

Click to view attachment
mrbubblehead
ya, i see now.... but im still cant figure out how some guys are getting their oil lines thru there. unless they are cutting the long open and either eliminating the 90 or cutting a hole in the 90. confused24.gif my idea of rolling that 90 down 90 degrees would be too much work.... back to square one. headbang.gif
r_towle
Why re-invent the wheel.
Put them on the outside of the long, just under the sill.
There is room there, and if you drill the brackets out, you even have built in hardware to hand the lines.

They are easy to get to later on, and they are protected by the rocker cover.

They, they are out of the way, and you don't need to open up the structural element of the car.

rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.