Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Original ? 1970 914/6 FS
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
bulitt
Stumbled upon this in Raleigh, NC.
Admin- If this is in the wrong forum pls move.
Not my listing, or my car, have no idea of the price?
Added it to the Vin database.

1970 914/6

Click to view attachment

Heres the ad wording-

"Knowledgeable and passionate 914 enthusiasts will appreciate this totally dialed-in 914-6. Updated with an incredible 2.7 liter hot rod motor, the car drives like a rocket ship. The addition of 16 inch wheels and 911 disc brakes completes the performance upgrades. This car has a rust-free chassis due to meticulous maintenance by its’ original owner – a long-time PCA 914 guru. The motor update, combined with a low production number (3,318) between 1970-72 make this car rare and desirable. The original 2.0 liter motor (long block) is included with the car.

VIN: 9140431545
Built in April 1970
Exterior Paint: Light Ivory (repainted)
Interior: Black leatherette
Miles: 93,456
Motor: 2.7 liter hot rod motor in it now. Original 2.0 liter motor (long block) comes with the car."
toolguy
The note about the production number leaves me puzzled. .

the only other number besides the VIN is the Karman body number in the center of the floor of the rear trunk { Fours were stamped on the floor by the right taillight}. . . Given the Vin, this is an April 1970 manufactured, and at that time the Karman number last 4 digits should be within 40 of the Vin number/ /
That would make the Karman number need to be around 131540 thru 131580

If they are referring to a number on the Karman door plate, IIRC, factory six's at this time did not have an ID number stamped there. . it was left blank and only the color id was stamped.

Here is my real 6 tag
mrholland2
QUOTE(toolguy @ Sep 5 2013, 09:26 AM) *

The note about the production number leaves me puzzled. .

the only other number besides the VIN is the Karman body number in the center of the floor of the rear trunk { Fours were stamped on the floor by the right taillight}. . . Given the Vin, this is an April 1970 manufactured, and at that time the Karman number last 4 digits should be within 40 of the Vin number/ /
That would make the Karman number need to be around 131540 thru 131580

If they are referring to a number on the Karman door plate, IIRC, factory six's at this time did not have an ID number stamped there. . it was left blank and only the color id was stamped.

Here is my real 6 tag

My guess is that the "production number" isn't a "real" number, but the guess of what car it was in the run. . the 3318th car, based on the numbers.

If that made any sense?
toolguy
That is what makes no sense. . there were only 3360 six's made over 1970-1972, and about 2660 in 1970. . I that is the Karmann number, it would make it one of the last 1972 cars. .
It piqued my curiosity as something than needs investigation if someone was going to buy the car..
sbsix
bulitt is just quoting the ad copy that mentions 3,318 sixes produced, which by all accounts is incorrect.
toolguy
OK that makes sense now even if it is incorrect, that what the ad meant was that 3318 units were produced. .

It just had me wondering what they were trying to say. .
patrick3000
Looks like a nice car
smg914
3318 production 914-6's, is correct.
pete000
Nice one !

How much are they asking?
Michael N
I emailed them when it was first listed. They wanted 55k.
a914622
Hey that same add was in the Bellingham,Wa C/L? The car was in Lynden?

that dont make any scence...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.