Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: GO GAUCHOS...UCSB plays Indiana in NCAA Finals
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Bob
In Carson CA....1pm on ESPN 2, the the number one ranked locals take on the weenies from Indiana in the NCAA Soccer finale.

GO GAUCHOS
sgomes
I grad-e-ated from UCSB (U Can Study Buzzed) in '91. Back then the basketball team made it to the NCAA tournie for the first time in a bazillion years. Of course we got run over in the first round but still.....

GO GAUCHOS!!!

beerchug.gif
EdwardBlume
I graduated from UC Santa Barbara in 1991 as well. GO GAUCHOS!
seanery
GO HOOSIERS!!!!!
TonyAKAVW
Damnit. That was a decent game. The overtimes were pretty intense, but I can't stand the penalty kick part of soccer. Why does the whole game have to be decided by random kicks?!?! mad.gif mad.gif

Last time I watched something like this was in the Copa America finals when Argentina lost to Brazil for the title, in the same way.

It was pretty cool to see all the UCSB fans on TV though clap56.gif

-Tony
(MSEE 2003 UCSB)
Joe Bob
Wellllll, that really sucked.

Loughead played way below his stature....12 corner kicks and they all pretty much bit the big one...

Hey, Seanery....big time soccer versus tortilla ball.....seeded 9th in the tourney after finishing RANKED number 1. NCAA selection committee can suck wind..... :finger2:

They were lucky to get there...wait til next year......
seanery
ahhhh...the rich history of Indiana Hoosier Soccer! smilie_pokal.gif
EdwardBlume
It just nice to see SB compete at anything seriously. I was there the year the football program was voted out.
Joe Bob
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 12 2004, 06:32 PM)
ahhhh...the rich history of Indiana Hoosier Soccer! smilie_pokal.gif

Sarcasm?

Indy has 7 NCAA soccer titles now....3 of them were RE-peats.....7 titles in 29 tourney appearances. Pretty good if ya ask me...

OH BTW
....GO USC
seanery
no sarcasm at all.
I went to IU. I know all about the most under rated team on campus.
Basketball was so big and successful that no one ever gave soccer the credit it deserved.
Joe Bob
Yeah....same out here....the Men's B-Ball at the U gets all the ink. Even the Women's team takes the second seat to the Men's....the Women have only won the League title for the past six or seven years.

I have been getting into Soccer again since my kids are in AYSO. Been reffing as well. Looks like I will be doing it alone as the kids have advanced to the level of having to PLAY hard as opposed to PLAY for fun....
Cap'n Krusty
The Cap'n was a member of the soccer club in it's first year! We didn't even have a team. Like 1963 or so ............. That was the FIRST time we dropped football at UCSB, and our baseball team was awesome ............... and Rob Gym was the NEW one .....................
MattR
One of my friends goes to SB and drove down from his apartment in Isla Vista to watch the game. He said he was on ESPN about 5 times. I guess the game they played up in SB resulted in a mob of strunk students stealing the goal net and parading it to the middle of Del Playa.
Joe Bob
Yes they were drunk.... beerchug.gif

The unused FOOTBALL posts were the ones that were torn down.

The locals changed the basketball game time to earlier in the day, so they simply stumbled down the road to Harder Stadium.....

There were reports of beer kegs in little red wagons rumbling down the road....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.