Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rob your motor is ready
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Joe Ricard
Just finished the bugger.
Fired up 1st go around. Cold as crap outside so them 40 IDF's were spitting and sputtering for awhile. Richened up the idle mixture and ran like a champ. I will let it cool down and re-do the valves.
Joe Ricard
So if you don't know the details I put ths motor together for Rob Watson.
2.0L U.S. pistons and cylinders. Web 86a cam. New bearings through out whole motor. new valve guides valve job port matched intake and exhaust. New clutch.

Only leak so far is that GD oil temp sender plate. Everytime I mess with those things it is like making a deal with the devil.
watsonrx13
First, I would like to thank Joe for agreeing to build this motor for me. He is a true nine-fourteen friend and someone dedicated to preserving the breed. I visited him yesterday, Saturday and helped in a very minor way with putting the motor back together. He wanted to fire the engine up when I was there, but I wasn't able to stay until it happened. Anyway, I flew back to Tampa, from NO, this afternoon, but Joe called this morning and left me a message that the motor was running. I called back and he fired it up again and I was able to hear this motor run for the first time in over 18 months. I now have to the pressure to finish the 'restoration' on the car as I'm plannig to pick the motor up next month. Hopefully by my birthday, in June, I'll be able to have the car running.

Again Joe, thanks...

Now for the smiles.... smilie_pokal.gif mueba.gif biggrin.gif mueba.gif beerchug.gif mueba.gif beer.gif mueba.gif aktion035.gif mueba.gif

BTW, here's a shot of the motor when I left it at Joe's on Saturday...
Joe Ricard
So Rob, Gots to remind you again. Don't forget the cooling tin. Crank that welder up tonight. Fix the tin Rob, Send the tin!!!!!

Spent the remainder of Saturday 4 hours playing with Carb linkage. Finally got them to open and close at the same rate. Tried every linkage arm in all the boxes I collected. Finally ended up drilling a slotted hole where I could fine tune the mechanical advantage to even out.
URY914
Rob,
Is this out of the red car?

Paul
Joe Ricard
Yes Paul the engine came out of the red car. I also believe YOU are putting it back there. laugh.gif At least providing some tech support. Depending on the size of the vehicle transporting it all back to Tampa will determine what can remain on the motor. If not I will have everything marked and scribed for re-assembly.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.