Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone seen my Red 914 with the 2.3 Ford Turbo and Wing?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914turboford
I built this 1973 teener back in 2000-2005. I sold it in 06 or 07 on ebay to a guy who owns a body shop in the San Francisco Bay area. I sold it on ebay. It is pretty distinctive. It has a Ford 2.3 turbo mounted sideways, a through the back window cage, big flares, Corvette 18's and 17's, a big wing, etc. I want to find it to see if the owner wants to sell it back to me. If you know of the car's whereabouts please contact me. Brian 530 554 7401
IPB Image
Mike Bellis
Wow!

I've been pretty active around here but have never seen that 914. Any idea what city he is in?

Got any more pics of the install?

If you still have the VIN, the local DMV should be able to give you the owners mailing address.
914turboford
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 3 2013, 08:15 PM) *

Wow!

I've been pretty active around here but have never seen that 914. Any idea what city he is in?

Got any more pics of the install?

If you still have the VIN, the local DMV should be able to give you the owners mailing address.

Thank you for the reply. No, I don't know in which city he lives. Apparently he has, or had at the time, one or more V8 914's as well. I didn't try to keep track of the car after it left but now I wish I had.

The car was pretty fast. I ran a Holset HX35 turbo and would see 22 psi of boost.

I believe there is an archived build thread on 914world still.

I don't have the VIN anymore.

Are you in the bay area now?
jim_hoyland
See: http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...ic=5339&hl=

By doing a search by members screen name and selecting titles only, you can retrieve all posts you initiated... smile.gif
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(914turboford @ Sep 4 2013, 11:53 AM) *

Thank you for the reply. No, I don't know in which city he lives. Apparently he has, or had at the time, one or more V8 914's as well. I didn't try to keep track of the car after it left but now I wish I had.

The car was pretty fast. I ran a Holset HX35 turbo and would see 22 psi of boost.

I believe there is an archived build thread on 914world still.

I don't have the VIN anymore.

Are you in the bay area now?

I've lived here my whole life. Except for a tour with the Marine Corps. Bought my first V8 914 around 1990.
bulitt
Do you have the same insurance company? They would probably have it (VIN) in the hard drive.
Mike Bellis
Your license plate appears to be "3APO626 or 3APD626"

You could go to DMV with this info...

Click to view attachment
914turboford
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Sep 4 2013, 06:08 PM) *

Your license plate appears to be "3APO626 or 3APD626"

You could go to DMV with this info...

Click to view attachment

So you think the DMV would help me stalk the new owner? That seems a little crazy. Has anyone ever tried this?
Mike Bellis
I once bought a Jeep with a personalized plate, DMV gave me the registered owners address to get a release. Did the same for a VW once too.

I tracked down an old 914 with the plate at DMV.

Just try it...
stownsen914
I don't know anything about the whereabouts of the car, but I remember the build thread. Cool car - don't blame you for wanting it back smile.gif
nomore9one4
My brother has that same motor in his 914.. Its scary fast..Hope you can get it back.Good luck.. If by chance he says no..my brothers may be for sale in the near future. smile.gif
914turboford
QUOTE(nomore9one4 @ Sep 5 2013, 05:29 PM) *

My brother has that same motor in his 914.. Its scary fast..Hope you can get it back.Good luck.. If by chance he says no..my brothers may be for sale in the near future. smile.gif

Thanks again for the help. There have been other 2.3t powered teeners. But I'm pretty sure mine was the only one with a transverse mounted motor. I guess theoretically the north south arrangement would have better weight distribution.

I will try the license plate thing. Thank you for the advice.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.