Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For Sale 73 2.0
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
aveale
Selling my beloved 1973 914 2.0

Video here.

https://vimeo.com/42309506

Details here.

http://renfrew.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-c...QAdIdZ517196985

Well taken care of.

Tony

va.of.tony@gmail.com

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
aveale
More Clicks added.

Price $6000 Canadian.

Cheers

Tony

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
lostreasure
can you add some more pics
Nine_14
A good car for the asked price.
aveale
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Sep 4 2013, 07:26 AM) *

can you add some more pics

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
earossi
Tony,

Was the car originally a USA car? If not, what is required to get it US IDOT certified? Also, can you add some narrative that addresses the usual spots of significant corrosion on these cars.
aveale
QUOTE(earossi @ Sep 4 2013, 06:13 PM) *

Tony,

Was the car originally a USA car? If not, what is required to get it US IDOT certified? Also, can you add some narrative that addresses the usual spots of significant corrosion on these cars.

No clue how to import a car into the US.

I have imported vehicles from the US - no biggie.

I believe it is a Canadian car originally.

Here is an email that should answer most questions........

Thanx for the email.

I am glad you got someone who know what they are doing to guide you on the 914…..

I have owned this car for 10+ years now.

It runs awesome.  I just need to move on.

Answers to your Qs in RED

Pictures to follow.

Good Morning,

A friend and CASC member ( who's allowed me to use his login) passed on your posting for the 914. He himself races 914's and has passed on the following questions:

New Longitudinals
...what other areas have been replaced, or are in need of attention? Esp.: [1] battery tray, [2] lower front wheel wells, at rear, [3] under windshield corners, floorpan at rear of passenger compartment.
Longitudinals and battery tray area redone by MIKE’s 914s in Colbourne – he knows this car wel – your buddy should have heard of Mike.
Everything else is solid, or I would have had it done.
... appears to have been resprayed – details.
The car was originally white and someone decided to paint it RED.
I replaced the crappy black side view mirrors with period correct expensive chrome ones.  The crappy mirror holes could be filled if you are picky.
...any accident damage?
Not that I know of.

...last time 901 gearbox was re-built? ...stock ratios?
All stock – side shifter.  Rookies grind into 2nd – experienced double clutchers do not – thought about replacing the syncro, but I don’t have any problems.

...original motor? Condition/age? 
Original motor as far as I know

Everything works
I got this thing running so I can drive it anywhere.  Including the track.
...esp headlights?
You kidding me? – of course.
Spare bits and pieces
I removed some ugly parts – black bumper guards, oridinal AM radio,VDO clock (replaced with Oil pressure gauge) I am sure I have other stuff – not vital or large
...what?
All the expensive stuff has been replaced.
Vacuum hoses, oil cooler seals, pushrod seals, RMS, black rubber bumper cover (where it meets hood $$$), windshield to removable top rubber seal $$, side marker seals, rocker covers.
...details?
Like every 914 I have seen (I have seen lots) the doors need a bit of a pull to close.  I looked into getting a paint refresh, as there is some small bubbling on passenger side (I believe) quarter panel near rocker cover.

Basically, I did not cheap out.  I am a serious car guy.  The car is 3 years younger than I am, but puts a smile on my face everytime I get in it.  Tell your buddy, if he has any questions and I will answer them straight up.  It drives 100x better than my 1974 BMW 2002tii.  If you know anything about these cars, you are getting a great deal.

We would love to check out the car together. Where are you located?
Outside of Ottawa (by Calabogie)
aveale
Tons of people are asking great questions (thank you).

I would not hesitate to drive this car anywhere.

I live 2 hours from upstate NY.

There are tons of Shipping Companies that can get this thing wherever you are - GOOGLE it.

I would love to have more garage space and simplify my life...that is why I am selling.

Cheers

tony
aveale
Photo I took from underneath while bleeding brakes last night.

Click to view attachment

911 Master Cylinder adds 35hp.

T
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(aveale @ Sep 3 2013, 02:02 PM) *

Selling my beloved 1973 914 2.0

All original.

Hey Tony, Pleae explain to the masses what make this "All original" car, "All Original"?...when it has been fully repainted inside and out and a color change at that as well as other mods?

Please use discretion when using that phrase - it means something to some people that you might not have intended it to mean.
Nine_14
QUOTE(aveale @ Sep 5 2013, 04:38 AM) *

Tony,

All original.

Hey Tony, Pleae explain to the masses what make this "All original" car, "All Original"?...when it has been fully repainted inside and out and a color change at that as well as other mods?

Please use discretion when using that phrase - it means something to some people that you might not have intended it to mean.

biggrin.gif
aveale
QUOTE(Nine_14 @ Sep 9 2013, 11:20 AM) *

QUOTE(aveale @ Sep 5 2013, 04:38 AM) *

Tony,

All original.

biggrin.gif

Okay, sorry i cut and pasted this post from a NON 914 site.......

obviously for those in the know, it is not all original and I will change post deets.

it has original fuel injection (not carbed), original engine, tranny etc....

thanx for reading.

t
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.