Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shot in the dark
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nonverbal
I'm only taking a total shot in the dark because it seems that this is a pretty tightly knit community. Having said that, I know Alberta may be a little far removed from that. Anyway, this is a '73 2.0L I was poking around at. I haven't been able to get underneath it or remove rocker panels yet, but plan to.

Owner said it's been garaged for almost 15yrs, solid body, no rust. Mentioned that he used to be a member here when he was racing 914's. The car does not have a VIN sticker in door and only VIN I was able to see was in windhshield.

Is there any chance that anybody in here knows this car? I checked the member database of VINs but this one doesn't show up. As I said, I now it's a totoal shot in the dark...thought I'd try. In answer to more than a couple of my questions he said, "You're just gonna have to trust me." Hhmmmm....
bandjoey
Cool special edition color. Never saw a copper treatment before. Other vin location is front trunk top of right wheel well. Stamped into the metal.
URY914
Gold Member!
r_towle
that car looks very wet and is rusted in both longitudinals.

Get it out of there and get underneath and poke with a screwdriver...

rich
MikeM
Hey fellow Albertan....has it been garaged or parked under those trees and covered by that tarp? I'd be very careful and I'd try to find someone in Edmonton that really know these cars. It does look interesting though....
Mike
sean_v8_914
reminds me of teh black / gold trans am with the honey comb wheels...1978-ish?
Chris H.
The "Bandit Edition" Trans Am...ah yes...it defined the 1970's in some ways...

If that car is rotted it might be a good parts car. The VIN # on the dash is really the important one. The one in the door jamb was a sticker that was probably removed when the car was transformed into that beautiful black and gold beauty. It's "Special" alright....needs a bird on the hood though.
nonverbal
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 3 2013, 05:33 PM) *

that car looks very wet and is rusted in both longitudinals.

Get it out of there and get underneath and poke with a screwdriver...

rich

Yeah, I haven't gotten underneath it yet, but he assures me in conversation the rockers/ longs are fine. Don't worry, though...I won't take his word for it.

It was garaged during the past many years. He just brought it outside and tarped since he started trying to find a buyer this summer. Says it was previous owner that gave it all the gold...blech! Even the seats, don't know if yiou can tell in the picture...cloth seats with the gold down the middle.

I don't want to be a Bandit! sad.gif
Sleepin
Are the wheels and trim plated or painted. It is hard to tell on my phone.
nonverbal
QUOTE(Sleepin @ Sep 4 2013, 09:12 AM) *

Are the wheels and trim plated or painted. It is hard to tell on my phone.

The trim all seems as though it's plated, wheels included. Seems odd, though hey? I have to look closer in person. I would've guessed at paint on the wheels, but no signs of chipping, scratches, etc.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.