Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Keep or Sell?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
73cool
Need your opinions. I'm moving to the Tampa area from Vegas. My teener will come to Florida via shipping. Question is, should I sell her here in Vegas, nice and dry, or take with. Problem is I have no garage where I will be living. Don't want her to rot out.

Really runs good too.
Click to view attachment
914Sixer
Keep it and find a inside storage location. Moisture is your enemy in Florida.
bfrymire
If the car runs well and all issues are resolved: Keep.
zambezi
If it is a dry western car it may be worth more on the east (rust) coast.
73cool
QUOTE(zambezi @ Sep 3 2013, 06:46 PM) *

If it is a dry western car it may be worth more on the east (rust) coast.

Thats a good point. beer.gif
URY914
It's not like FL is under water people. shades.gif

Bring it with you.
moparrob
Wow, looks like a cute car.
73cool
QUOTE(moparrob @ Sep 3 2013, 07:41 PM) *

Wow, looks like a cute car.

Thanks!Click to view attachment
r_towle
QUOTE(URY914 @ Sep 3 2013, 10:18 PM) *

It's not like FL is under water people. shades.gif

Bring it with you.

Just a constant haze that might be moisture, a hurricane, or the local importers checking out the new shipment....

And the water thing is just once a year....for a few months....ok, 6 months,,,,

Better weather than snow and ice though.

Rich
Shindog1961
I'll store it for you here in Santa Fe, nice and dry. I will even take it out every so often to keep it charged and running. Just kidding, I'd take it.
OllieG
QUOTE(914Sixer @ Sep 4 2013, 01:13 AM) *

Moisture is your enemy in Florida.

Huh?!...really? confused24.gif Greetings from Northern England...where rain is plentiful and sunshine is in very short supply!

Absolutely keep it!..
somd914
Though I don't live in Fl we have a vacation beach home there. My experiences is that living on the beach is corrosive due to salt spray, but inland is no big deal. It is likely just as humid here in the Chesapeake Bay area if not more so in the damp winters. I feel the real issue is UV - keep the car covered or stored. My two cents worth...
chads74
I moved from Tucson to Tampa in June and brought mine. I just made sure I didn't have bare metal anywhere, at least that I could find. It has been hot driving around on the days it doesn't rain, but weekend morning drives are amazing! Where you moving to in Tampa?
73cool
QUOTE(chads74 @ Sep 4 2013, 03:30 PM) *

I moved from Tucson to Tampa in June and brought mine. I just made sure I didn't have bare metal anywhere, at least that I could find. It has been hot driving around on the days it doesn't rain, but weekend morning drives are amazing! Where you moving to in Tampa?

I'll be in Largo in Pinellas County. 4 miles from Gulf Beaches. Started sClick to view attachmentearching for inside storage thereabouts.
Click to view attachment
ThePaintedMan
I don't have any leads on storage for you, but you'll be my neighbor when you get here! I'm just outside of St. Petersburg, right next to our Porsche dealership smile.gif

Please don't get rid of the car! At least not until you get here and give me a ride beerchug.gif
bcheney
QUOTE(bfrymire @ Sep 3 2013, 08:13 PM) *

I agree with keeping it if the mechanicals are on par with how this car looks. It appears to be a fine example. If you really need the cash you will have no problem selling it no matter where you are...914's are too much fun to drive and she deserves the opportunity to show off in the Sunshine State! Welcome to FLA...we'd love to see you guys at the Tropical Ramble this November.
Mblizzard
Don't listen to George. FL weather is bad for 914s. The weather messed up his door gaps! Just drop it off in TN on your way and I will keep it in my garage for you! Don't sell it when you can leave it with me and come visit it any time.

I sold one a long time ago and have always regretted it.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 4 2013, 09:11 PM) *

Don't listen to George. FL weather is bad for 914s. The weather messed up his door gaps! Just drop it off in TN on your way and I will keep it in my garage for you! Don't sell it when you can leave it with me and come visit it any time.

Tell you what Mike,
I'll save you the hassle of having to store it. How about YOU buy it and I'll store it. And the weather didn't mess up my door gaps, nor did I. Our cars are now 40 years old and they simply shrink in certain areas with age, much like my grandmother.

Seriously, please do plan to join us for the Tropical Ramble. And shoot me a PM when you're ready - would love to meet up with you at some point. Heck, it would be cool to get the whole Tampa Bay gang together at some point - Chad, T.C., Paul, Kevin, Len, Steve G., Eric... Heck, two years ago I didn't even know there WAS anyone else in the area with a 914.
Mblizzard
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Sep 4 2013, 05:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Mblizzard @ Sep 4 2013, 09:11 PM) *

Tell you what Mike,
I'll save you the hassle of having to store it. How about YOU buy it and I'll store it. And the weather didn't mess up my door gaps, nor did I. Our cars are now 40 years old and they simply shrink in certain areas with age, much like my grandmother.

Seriously, please do plan to join us for the Tropical Ramble. And shoot me a PM when you're ready - would love to meet up with you at some point. Heck, it would be cool to get the whole Tampa Bay gang together at some point - Chad, T.C., Paul, Kevin, Len, Steve G., Eric... Heck, two years ago I didn't even know there WAS anyone else in the area with a 914.

OK George is right! Ouch that hurts, But it sounds like you have a preformed group waiting on you. So despite George's great suggestion, it should stay withe you.
73cool
QUOTE(bcheney @ Sep 4 2013, 06:07 PM) *

QUOTE(bfrymire @ Sep 3 2013, 08:13 PM) *

I agree with keeping it if the mechanicals are on par with how this car looks. It appears to be a fine example. If you really need the cash you will have no problem selling it no matter where you are...914's are too much fun to drive and she deserves the opportunity to show off in the Sunshine State! Welcome to FLA...we'd love to see you guys at the Tropical Ramble this November.

Let me know when and where.
Chris H.
KEEP
73cool
QUOTE(Chris H. @ Sep 5 2013, 05:35 AM) *

KEEP

Keeping it. Found a garage 1 mile from my new place. Happier than hell she comes with. Now who has a good shipper biggrin.gif
john_g
Wow! Great looking 914. What color is that?

Keep it and find good storage. You'll regret it if you sell it.
chads74
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Sep 4 2013, 05:40 PM) *

I don't have any leads on storage for you, but you'll be my neighbor when you get here! I'm just outside of St. Petersburg, right next to our Porsche dealership smile.gif

Please don't get rid of the car! At least not until you get here and give me a ride beerchug.gif

I call dibs on second ride!
ruby914
KEEP!
Because I love the color.
charlesmac
I vote definitely keep it! That is a great looking color for a 914 too!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.