Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Which front shocks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dmilzoff
I have a 914-6 with one leaking and one very worn adjustable front shocks.
I plan to use the car primarily for DE track events. What do you guys recommend and where is the best place the get them.
PS. Don't ask me about sways and rear shocks. I don't know what is there (but I guess I can find out if it is important).

David
jim912928
I'd go with Koni adjustables...but that is my preference. Call Dave at GPR in california...they are great 914 people and usually have some of the best pricing.

I get almost all my parts from them and have never been disappointed.
jim912928
oh...welcome to the club...a ton of knowledge here. Try searching the past posts. And tell us more about your car and POST PICS. We love pics.

Is yours an original 6?
What engine is in it?
etc..etc...

Jim

p.s. want to do a conversion real real bad!
dmilzoff
Yes, it's an original 6 but now has a 3.0 liter, steel flares, 16" wheels, 4 point harness. It's been in the shop for 6 months rebuilding the 46 IDA carbs, new clutch, rebuild rear calipers, SS exhaust, on and on.
Whenever I think it is ready, something else goes wrong but I think that it is almost ready now for actual track use. (Yea, now since the winter is here!)
I'll try to add some pics.
Thanx for the recommendations.
dmilzoff
Photo 2
jim912928
that is one pretty car! If you are going to use it in DE events you surely will want at least a front sway bar if it already doesn't have one. Easy to tell by ust looking in the finder well. If someone added a factory bar to yours it will be a rod going through the body at the level just under the fuel tank (and then obviously attached with levers to the control arms). When I added sway bars to mine...major major difference in handling. So, if you don't have a front sway bar..and you are replacing the struts..might as well add them while your in there!
Mueller
Nice car....Koni Yellow adjustables....Brad @ HPH still might have some brand new (see Vendor section I believe)...

some people like the Bilstiens..too darn stiff for me, I like the adjust. of the Konis....makes a huge difference between soft and firm

with you being back East with shipping and all, Paragon might be cheaper (Texas I think??)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.