Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 1976 Survivor 2.0 FS **SOLD**
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
rex66m
To all the PMs - I'll add some additional pics below, but I have some conflicts that are going to delay my ability to actively sell this car and answer every PM that comes across my desk - in retrospect I have picked a very bad time to put this car up for sale given other issues. Feel free to come see the car if you want, though. Thanks

>>>Original message>>>>
Alas, the time might be here to sell my baby - father left me a Cayman which has some sentimental value - no room for two (though the 914 is garaged and the Cayman is not). In short:
> 1976 w/ original 2.0
> Amazing original shape w/ just over 40k original miles, everything works fantastic (even has the original smog equipment)
> All original, glossy paint - nicks and dings here and there, but looks fantastic
> All original interior (has lloyds mats over the original), including the original red tartan fabric
> Some rust in the battery tray, but the hell hole is solid and has been treated. Has had an Optima since I bought it.
> Original steel wheels (with vredesteins) come with it, excellent shape.

Receipts in the last two and a half years (since I have had it) include:
> New Boge shocks (all around) and new springs (to replace the originals - still had the factory white paint marks)
> Pedal cluster rebuild
> All new vacuum hoses
> Rear window reset
> Optima battery
> Valve adjustment, new pushrod tube seals

$9,500

My baby is sold. Hate to see her go, but I believe she has a great new home.
rex66m
more pics
rex66m
QUOTE(rex66m @ Sep 3 2013, 09:15 PM) *

more pics

rex66m
QUOTE(rex66m @ Sep 3 2013, 09:17 PM) *

QUOTE(rex66m @ Sep 3 2013, 09:15 PM) *

more pics

rex66m
another view - beautiful, but not perfect, original paint
Triumph TR
Sent you a pm....Thks

Ken
rjames
Wow. Nice car! smilie_pokal.gif Good luck with the sale!
ressex
Hi - Very nice looking car. You mention that the body has a few nicks and dings. Would you give further details? Also any pictures of the hell hole - battery tray? Are there any cracks in the dash? Has it ever been in an accident to your knowledge? Did you rebuild the peddle box because of rust? Thanks very much. RE
rex66m
Trunks are solid, look great, and have the original paint. Hellhole had surface rust, but was solid. As you can see, it has been treated. Pans are very solid. Interior pan pick is behind passenger seat - no rust at all in this location and has original factory finish.
rex66m
QUOTE(rex66m @ Sep 3 2013, 10:14 PM) *

To all the PMs - I'll add some additional pics below, but I have some conflicts that are going to delay my ability to actively sell this car and answer every PM that comes across my desk - in retrospect I have picked a very bad time to put this car up for sale given other issues. Feel free to come see the car if you want, though. Thanks

>>>Original message>>>>
Alas, the time might be here to sell my baby - father left me a Cayman which has some sentimental value - no room for two (though the 914 is garaged and the Cayman is not). In short:
> 1976 w/ original 2.0
> Amazing original shape w/ just over 40k original miles, everything works fantastic (even has the original smog equipment)
> All original, glossy paint - nicks and dings here and there, but looks fantastic
> All original interior (has lloyds mats over the original), including the original red tartan fabric
> Some rust in the battery tray, but the hell hole is solid and has been treated. Has had an Optima since I bought it.
> Original steel wheels (with vredesteins) come with it, excellent shape.

Receipts in the last two and a half years (since I have had it) include:
> New Boge shocks (all around) and new springs (to replace the originals - still had the factory white paint marks)
> Pedal cluster rebuild
> All new vacuum hoses
> Rear window reset
> Optima battery
> Valve adjustment, new pushrod tube seals

$9,500

My baby is sold. Hate to see her go, but I believe she has a great new home.
SOLD
914werke
Somebody scored a sweetheart!
ressex
I wanted to add that I am the happy new owner of Rex's 914. I drove the car from Birmingham Alabama to New York and it performed flawlessly. A memorable trip and many thanks to those at 914world who provided advice in the last year or so regarding buying a 914. I have been reading my way through various forums to learn more about ownership and maintenance, which is all very helpful. Thanks. Best, REClick to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.