Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuchs bead blasted! Need lug bolt source!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ezbngreen914
Anyone got any leads on lug bolts I can use for my newly bead blasted Fuchs. I've got less than $250 in the wheels so far including bead blasting, so I'm trying not to overpay for lug bolts. Thinking about polishing the rims and leaving the inside raw RSR style. I'm guessing I'll need to clear coat or clear powder coat. Any suggestions on any of this would be greatly appreciated.
Click to view attachment
r_towle
Stock wheels are similar to how you are thinking of finishing them.

For lugs, there is a guy names the "Sierra made collection" that seems to carry things like that
ezbngreen914
Click to view attachment
McMark
They look awesome! But without anodizing, I expect they'll be hard to keep clean. agree.gif The finish you're looking for is how the factory four lug fuchs came. Although the bead blasting is a little 'coarser' than the OE finish.

Love the look thought. Do it! drooley.gif
stugray
The longer bolts are sort of hard to find.

If you can afford the extra $$ I would go this route:

http://www.race-studs.com/servlet/StoreFront

Stu
Eric_Shea
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 3 2013, 08:47 PM) *

They look awesome! But without anodizing, I expect they'll be hard to keep clean. agree.gif The finish you're looking for is how the factory four lug fuchs came. Although the bead blasting is a little 'coarser' than the OE finish.

agree.gif

"If" you got all of the previous anodizing off with the media blast you can then polish the rim. Then have them re-anodized vs. clears and such that will eventually peel.

green914
How bad did the wheels look before they bead blasted confused24.gif any before pictures?
green914
This sounds like it is just what my Fuchs need to have done to them. agree.gif Your wheels look great.
mr914
Posted wheel bolts, just blasted in classifieds a couple of hours ago.

Bdstone usually has plated sets for $75 or so
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(green914 @ Sep 4 2013, 10:43 AM) *

How bad did the wheels look before they bead blasted confused24.gif any before pictures?

Click to view attachment
They didn't look too bad before (except for the 5th wheel which I also should have had blasted to experiment on.) I had 4 wheels with black paint and another wheel from a different set that was stock. I used oven cleaner and a pressure washer to clean of the paint and anodizing (I was somewhere in the process when this photo was taken). Some of the wheels had kind of a blotchy appearance after that so I really just wanted to bead blast them to get a uniform look as a starting point. I found a local guy that used glass bead and water to blast them for $80. The re-anodizing would be pretty expensive but sounds like the a far better end result.
ezbngreen914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 4 2013, 10:30 AM) *

QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 3 2013, 08:47 PM) *

agree.gif

"If" you got all of the previous anodizing off with the media blast you can then polish the rim. Then have them re-anodized vs. clears and such that will eventually peel.

Thanks Eric. I like the idea of re-anodizing. Seems like the only way to make sure you end up with a "done right" finished product in this case.
JawjaPorsche
Nice Score! beerchug.gif
Eric_Shea
Thanks Eric. I like the idea of re-anodizing. Seems like the only way to make sure you end up with a "done right" finished product in this case.

Tip: If you are going to anodize, polish the rim to a mirror finish, The anodizing will dull the finish to that factory look (unless it's bright anodizing).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.