Let the games begin. Just converted her to pass as "street legal"

Paul
Ontario, Canada

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
JoeSharp
welcome.png Nice, you going to enjoy that on the street.
speed metal army
Drive it! smile.gif beerchug.gif beer3.gif first.gif
Mike Bellis
welcome.png
Rene M
See now that is what any Porsche should look like! beerchug.gif

Im new to the 914 world my self but that is Hot... All that track prep i bet you cant even hear that cd player in there.. lol Thats for the trip to the track..
Shindog1961
Nice! I'm interested in all the mods you have done to the car.
cary
Looks like, come big or don't come at all .............................
Nice and Welcome.
moparrob
welcome.png

+1 on the details please

I'm curious about that breather setup
green914
agree.gif Awesome looking car. beerchug.gif welcome.png
pcar916
Super!
Millerwelds
This one deserves a driving video! Nice car. beerchug.gif
MrHyde
nice ! I saw that on Autotrader and thought danm someones gonna get a nice car. ! For a bit less than what I already have into my 914 and it isn't running ( yet ).. Theres a couple 914 owners here from southern ontario..
Java2570
welcome.png driving-girl.gif beer.gif
Mblizzard
Street legal? shades.gif Really?

Nice car and welcome!
Midman914
That car is beautiful!!! Now you just need to buy another one or two. Mandatory for 914 ownership. If one is good, two is better.
r_towle
You may need to re design the breather or the rear trunk may get all filled up with an oily misty residue.

Moving those cans back into the engine bay and routing the vents out of the car to the ground it a good way to get rid of it, but it takes some engineering to ensure you don't just start dumping oil on the ground as it condenses back to a liquid....

The CD player makes me laugh.....must not be to easy the hear that without a decent amp, and then you add more weight.

For me, I would have the tunes for sure, just have a simple way to remove the whole thing.
Woody
Beautiful car. Tell us more about her. What engine? Whats done to the suspension?
porbmw
You'll have more than your share of fun, with that!

welcome.png
krazykonrad
welcome.png
That's an awesome ride!

Konrad
mityrare
Thanks for the warm welcome and comments. I do not have too many details on the car yet but I am doing a shakedown and sorting a few things atm.

I think it is a 2 litre modified and running twin 44 IDFs. The steering rack is 911 and the front calipers are BMW. Rear calipers 911? were just removed and replaced with stock 914 ones in order for the emergency brake to be functional again. . Radio doesnt work but is there as a "street legal" item (race cars do not have them right? wink wink), in addition to the 5 point harnesses I had to put stock 914 lap belts back in for the street designation, added a rear view mirror, made lights all funcitonal again, added rear licnece light, added water bottle and spray nozzles for windshield, added ducting and a blower for defrost (no heat), I have ordered a replacement Holley fuel regular and gage (old one starting to weep), need to repack the fiberglass in the Supertrapp, breathers in the trunk are staying as is (great way to keep rust at bay back there),Panasport racing wheels, 911 style fan shroud fitted to engine, Bilstein shocks, Falken Azenis 205/50R15, custom fabricated front monted oil cooler, lots of braided stanless and annodized fittings, dual bottle fully plumbed fire supression system (can be activated from within or outside the car), external electrical disconnect, tow hook, plastic wheel arches, super lightweight hood and trunk lids, bumpers etc..

I am not totally new to 914 as I have a 1960s single seat Formula car with a built 2.0 914 engine (also street legal) with some unique trick items. And I have had a pro built race dune buggy, various other air cooled cars and I have a mint modded 73 Super Beetle.

When I need a break from air I have a couple Lotus and a few other weird cars.

I look forward to tapping into the brain trust here as needed in order to figure out this car and keep her running well for the forseeable future.

Thanks again for the warm welcome

Paul

Midman914
Could you please post pics of your other cars, especially the Lotuses? hands.gif Also, I would love to see more of this car at multiple angles if you don't mind. I have a soft spot for old Lotuses and I just love the look of this 914. Thank you.
mityrare
EspritClick to view attachment
mityrare
Evora S GP EditionClick to view attachment
mityrare
1965 Formula Vee "Huron"