Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Red-Beards Transmission guide, anyone have?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
HalfMoon
I've been trying to find that guide or dvd for awhile now. I even asked the author/s.
Does anyone have a copy of either the guide or the dvd?
Would much appreciate,
David
76-914
For a DVD on trans rebuild go to Dr Evil. IIIRC, his signature contains the link to DVD sales. I have one and it rocks. Did 3 tranny's off it.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 4 2013, 11:44 AM) *

Saw this thread before and it's a good one to be sure :-)
HalfMoon
QUOTE(HalfMoon @ Sep 4 2013, 11:54 AM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 4 2013, 11:44 AM) *

Saw this thread before and it's a good one to be sure :-)

Those links are now dead (which led to this post)
biggrin.gif
HalfMoon
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 4 2013, 11:16 AM) *

For a DVD on trans rebuild go to Dr Evil. IIIRC, his signature contains the link to DVD sales. I have one and it rocks. Did 3 tranny's off it.

That link actually takes you to a thread which directs you to PM the Dr which I have done. Awaiting a reply.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 4 2013, 11:47 AM) *

Opps. I meant this one. All those links are dead
bulitt
PMing Dr Evil was a wise choice. He is a long time vendor and an expert at rebuilding our transmissions. You will probably have several choices, including-
Buy his Video and rebuild the trans yourself.
Pull the gear stack and send it to him for rebuild.
Attend one of his transmission clinics and he will walk you through the rebuild.

He is a great resource for affordable used parts and he treats your money like it was his own.

Also, he can talk you through trans issues. Possibly poor shifting, grinding, not going into gear could be related to linkage adjustments and not need a rebuild.

You cannot go wrong with the Doc.
HalfMoon
QUOTE(bulitt @ Sep 4 2013, 03:54 PM) *

PMing Dr Evil was a wise choice. He is a long time vendor and an expert at rebuilding our transmissions. You will probably have several choices, including-
Buy his Video and rebuild the trans yourself.
Pull the gear stack and send it to him for rebuild.
Attend one of his transmission clinics and he will walk you through the rebuild.

He is a great resource for affordable used parts and he treats your money like it was his own.

Also, he can talk you through trans issues. Possibly poor shifting, grinding, not going into gear could be related to linkage adjustments and not need a rebuild.

You cannot go wrong with the Doc.

I've talked to him via email a few times and we're hoping to hook up sometime in Oct or Nov to block 1st, flip 3rd, 4th and add a diffrent 5th. He doesn't live all that far from me so I'm just gonna take a day to drive up.
I wanted to see the dvd or read the guide as a prep :-)
My v-8 teener is sorely in need of this mod. Probably add a Renn or short shifter at that point too (also sorely needed).
I've heard from the Doc that the short shift will make a vast improvement and cheaper than the Renn shifter. Anyone wanna chime in on that?
76-914
Rumor has it he even turned down Michael Jackson to work on transmissions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.