Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Part 2. Patrick Dempsy - Racing Le Mans
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bandjoey
Part 1 was great. Veloc channel 9 pm central on Uverse
carr914
I don't get Velocity, but I saw it last week on Discovery - I don't see it on Discovery's schedule tonight
Sleepin
Ok show, I am tired of the advertisements for it. They make him seem so whiny.
bandjoey
Unbelievable costs. $100,000 per race weekend!
ThePaintedMan
If you average out what they've spent on the car, hauler, spares, etc, I'm sure it's FAR above $100,000 a race weekend. I've got a few buddies crewing for GTE teams and the cheapest teams spend upwards of $5-6 million a season to go racing. That averages out around $450-500,000 for twelve races... and that's just a GTE car. Simply incredible.

Back to Patrick, I agree with the commercials being kind of annoying. But I also realize that they have to over-dramaticize it to get non-race-fans to watch. So far, they've done an excellent job of capturing the history and mystique of sportscar racing. And I know that Patrick really appreciates that side of it all and understands what a big deal it is for him to be able to do what he does, which the show has done a good job portraying as well. I like how brutally honest he is, and like many of us, he doesn't hold back the cussing when he's frustrated, that's for sure. He's a class act in my book and someone I personally look up to. Can't wait till part 3.
carr914
I'm not sure of that figure of $5-6 Million for a GTE Team unless it is for Multiple Cars.

I read last week that Pickett/Muscle Milk Budget for 2013 was $4.5-5Mil and that was comparible to an Single Car IndyCar Team which is one of their Options for 2014.

But the Point is Racing is Expensive. My friend that has a 962 that he occasionally runs in Vintage Racing told me it costs him $10,000 an Hour to run it!
rhodyguy
10k per hour...wow!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.