Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: plugs for heads
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
qa1142
Anyone know what thread is on the tubes? I would like to just plug with set screws...

75 2.0L heads btw
nebreitling
i don't know about the tubes themselves, but i capped my tubes with some caps i found in the plumbing section. NOT a standard pitch.
skline
I think they were like .1.00 pitch. I went to the local flaps and got a bolt with the same thread for about .20 each and they fit perfectly. Holds the sheetmetal on also. Put your manifolds on after you put them in though. The manifold will sit right up against the head of the bolt to keep it from turning out.
Allan
10mm, 1.0 pitch, 50mm long.
94teener
Your use 10mm valve adjusting screws are ideal for plugging those ports, cheap too.

Phil
mattillac
weld the top of the tubes shut. or if you can't weld, pinch the tube closed by pounding it with a hammer, nice and flat. smash.gif smash.gif smash.gif
qa1142
10M set screws are $5.03 a box from McMaster Carr, I just needed the size

Thanks Team! beerchug.gif
Cap'n Krusty
Just so you know, and the misinfo doesn't get spread, the EGR feeds into the aircleaner (intake), the tubes in the heads are for the air injection into the exhaust. They're 10x1mm, but the actual sealing surface is the ring on the injector tube itself. I've seen a lot of kludged plugs come out. The Cap'n
qa1142
are you sure they are 10M 1.0? Mcmaster only has 10M 1.5

www.mcmaster.com

92029A435
Metric 316 SS Cup Point Socket Set Screw M10 Size, 40mm Length, 1.5mm Pitch
Dr Evil
go to your VW shop and pick them up. They are for 2.0L TIV engines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.