Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Arizona Breakfast Run
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ThinAir
Had a great turnout for the AZ Breakfast Run this morning. 9 914s, 1 Boxster and 1 Honda. 19 people.

Here's 1 picture of the gang. More later when I get back to Flagstaff and have time to get them up (I gotta put one up so that no one says thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
skline
Most people post pictures too large, yours are too small. Can we get a happy medium please???
jim912928
This sucks!...all us upper midwest and north east folks have to tuck ours away for the winter!!!!!! Out of respect for us I think you southern and west coasters aught to park your cars until March-April!!! lol
914GT
Here's a bigger picture:

IPB Image
gregrobbins
Thanks to all who participated. Actually, we had 20 participants. Nine RUNNING 914s is the most I have seen in one place at one time since the 70s. I will top that of course at the WWC.

Here is a photo of the great folks who helped the Marines with toys. We had 20 people, but over 30 toys: Arizona Rocks!
914GT
Here's another:

IPB Image

Had a great time! Looking forward to the next one...
gregrobbins
Some will be interested in the cars: The row of six
gregrobbins
The other three
skline
Well, mine is up on 4 jackstands for awhile more. Just till I make sure everything is right. Did Slits make it out there?? I know he was planning on it. I just didnt see him in any of your pictures.
gregrobbins
Slits who? wink.gif Yes he showed up, but in a new car. blink.gif He went and looked at a car yesterday and ended up buying it. He said it drove so good, he decided to drive it to Arizona. He left Rivercity at 7 p.m. and got to his daughter's house at 2 a.m. or so. He made the run with the Tucson guys to breakfast just fine. Last we saw of him, he was gunning it out of the parking lot to take his daughter back to Tucson, then head home. His new car is the second from the left in the view of six.

We appreciated his making the trip over to join us and help the Marines with Toys for Tots!
gregrobbins
Slits' new Ride
gregrobbins
The reason you did not see him in any of our pictures is that he is too ugly, or you just didn't look close enough in the toy photo. Back left corner (we made him wear a hat) and his daughter is in the very front left wearing the shades.
ThinAir
Back home in Flagstaff - glad to see that others have already posted pictures here and in other topics. When I got home I discovered that my digital camera and laptop had stayed behind at my daughter's house. So... no more pictures from me until I go back down there and get them back.

Hats off to Greg Robbins for putting together today's run! Even the arrival of Slit's couldn't put a damper on the the get-together wink.gif . Now that I've actually met Ron I figure I can give him a hard time!
gregrobbins
This sucks!...all us upper midwest and north east folks have to tuck ours away for the winter!!!!!! Out of respect for us I think you southern and west coasters aught to park your cars until March-April!!! lol

I am not saying we really care, but if we did this for you, out of respect would you park your cars in the summer when it is 100+ and too hot to drive ours? biggrin.gif
gregrobbins
Here are a few more photos from the Toys for Tots run.
Some photos posted on WebShots
azbill
Heres a few more pictures.
azbill
OOPPS not all of them were sent try again
azbill
And one more
bryanc
Greg,

It was great to meet everyone in person, even sitting at the kids table with Slits was fun!
SLITS
Damn, there goes my reputation. And it's all of your fault that I have to buy my daughter a 14.....she loved the 90+ mph run with the top off...and she actually likes the Arizona crowd....and I thought she had some taste. laugh.gif

Would have loved to make the run to Canyon Lake, but did a little over 1100 miles on my "fun run". No dropped alternator pulleys....no problems whatsoever...musta been holding my tongue right.

Greg...thanks for the printout of the "emergency list". I got a phone call between Tuc and Phx...it's already started working. smilie_pokal.gif I hope the answers I gave solved the problem...I didn't hear back...and it was real noisy with the wind blowing my golden locks unsure.gif
Flat VW
Slits has the right idea, "I just jump in 'um, and go!" he says. MDB2.gif A brave and bold spirit he has.

Canyon lake, I never heard anything about Canyon lake! confused24.gif

My pal scott and I (John), went down to Vail, Arizona (twenty miles south of Tuscon) so Scott could look at a motorcycle he did not purchase anyway. slap.gif

He even had his brain bucket and the cash with him, and did not buy, unusual for Scott. smilie_pokal.gif

It was nice to meet all your cars happy11.gif ,and their respective drivers. driving.gif

Thank you Greg and all,

party.gif
AZ914
Hey! It was great meeting a bunch of the other AZ folks! (and Slits of course...).

Hopefully we can do this every few months, finding some nice spots around AZ! driving.gif

Thanks Greg/Gerard for organizing!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.