Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Toys for Tots
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
gregrobbins
Arizona had our Toys for Tots run today with people and car attending from Tucson, Phoenix and Slits showed up from Riverside, CA.

We had Nine 914s, one Boxster, and a Honda. 20 people participated and we collected over 30 toys. The folks at the Toys for Tots drop off site were blown away when I asked for help, first unloading the passenger side of the cabin and then unloading a stuffed rear trunk.

We had a great time. Brad, thanks for the suggestion last month. NOW: What are the rest of you doing?
morph
Glad to see that it was such a success. We are making Christmas happen for a needy family in the area. The parents were both layed off and have been actively looking for work. The only things on the list are needs, like clothing. We plan on buying new bycicles as well as clothing for them. The parents refused to make a list of their clothing sizes, but we have some things for them too.

HIEDI
gregrobbins
Heidi, that is great! The Toys for Tots is fun and I like helping the Marines. Susan and I each do a Salvation Army Christman Angel. She gets a girl, I get a boy and have a good time figuring out what I would like to receive if I were a kid.

Happy Holidays to you!

Greg
Rusty
My unit is doing a 4+ mile road march tomorrow morning... toys stowed safely in rucksacks carried on our backs. When we arrive at our destination, we're going to wrap presents for the less fortunate children.

-Lawrence
SLITS
Ah Greg, it was the paint job on your car that blew them away. Thanks for the one day pass into Arizona........I turned it in at the border.....they photo'd and fingerprinted me and said I had to get permission to come back smilie_pokal.gif
Root_Werks
smilie_pokal.gif What a great cause! Yesterday my family took my son to his Boy Scouts toy marathon which raised a ton of toys for children this Christmas. The even held the event at a local Motorcycle store. drooley.gif Got to look around at all the bikes I couldn't afford.

Fun time for a great cause. boldblue.gif
morph
QUOTE(morphenspectra @ Dec 12 2004, 02:14 PM)
Glad to see that it was such a success. We are making Christmas happen for a needy family in the area. The parents were both layed off and have been actively looking for work. The only things on the list are needs, like clothing. We plan on buying new bycicles as well as clothing for them. The parents refused to make a list of their clothing sizes, but we have some things for them too.

HIEDI

If anyone would like to contribute to make this the best christmas ever for this family can PM us.

HIEDI
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.