Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How to remove the E-brake handle
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
e_artiles
I am in the process of stripping down the interior of my 1974 914. When I got to removing the carpeting, I could not remove the piece by the driver's side sill because the e-brake is holding it in place. How do you remove the handle?
McMark
There is a M8 bolt (13mm head) below the handle. Pull that and then it should just slide off. Except the almost never do. So then it's beating hammering swearing and cursing. Oh and there's a pin that holds the cable to the handle, which also typically rusts into place. Trying to get the handle off intact is on of those 914 PITA jobs. smash.gif
e_artiles
Thanks for the info. I saw the bolt and removed it but it wasn't budging. I thought I was still missing something! Should it slide off eventually?
toolguy
Yes it will eventually slide off. . there is a bushing and normally a lot of rust. . use penetrating oil and possibly a large prybar between it and the longitudinal. .
e_artiles
Got it off! Thanks for the help. :-)
Cap'n Krusty
QUOTE(e_artiles @ Sep 6 2013, 01:57 PM) *

Got it off! Thanks for the help. :-)

Think I better let that one go by ..........................

The Cap'n
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.