7TPorsh
The before:
Click to view attachment

Off with the Old....
Click to view attachment

Prepping the new....
Click to view attachment
Porschef
Sebro's or Zimmermann? Hope you got 'em from PMB, great prices and fast shipping.... beerchug.gif
7TPorsh
Zimmermans from Performance Products moving sale...$88/pr. ;-)
Porschef
Very nice... Just changed mine last month after having them kicking around for a couple years....
7TPorsh
Moving along but need some validation.

The front caliper pistons slid back in no problem...for the back just want to make sure.

Haynes says I have to turn a hex not on the outside of the caliper and a nut on the inside and that will move the piston back in (2 adjustments)...no sliding back in on its own.

Correct? ....then I adjust for "venting" once in?

thx, Gary

Click to view attachment
dangrouche
read this thread, PMB elaborates it pretty good.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...liper&st=20

DRPHIL914
QUOTE(7TPorsh @ Sep 9 2013, 11:02 AM) *

Moving along but need some validation.

The front caliper pistons slid back in no problem...for the back just want to make sure.

Haynes says I have to turn a hex not on the outside of the caliper and a nut on the inside and that will move the piston back in (2 adjustments)...no sliding back in on its own.

Correct? ....then I adjust for "venting" once in?

thx, Gary

Click to view attachment

i was just looking at this since i will be putting my 5 lug and new calipers in, i found a thread and explanation of this adjustment in the classics thread by Eric Shea-
Cap'n Krusty
Be sure to apply pressure on the pistons as you use the screw to retract them. You DO NOT want the screws to come adrift. I've seen it many times.

The Cap'n
7TPorsh
Great advice guys...will give it a go later.

Outside caliper = clockwise

Inside caliper = counter-clockwise

Push the piston as you turn so you don't inscrew it.

piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.