Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where to get -6 engine sheet metal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
campbellcj
What are people doing for -6 engine sheet metal these days? I currently have (IIRC) a repro set from GPR about 10 years old and beat to crap. Finally close to putting an engine back in the car but the bent, cracked and ugly sheet metal is making me sad. sad.gif

I see Pelican has an unpainted repro set at $400. AA web site lists repro as well as factory pieces but who knows if they are truly in stock. I also just emailed Rich Johnson. Any other tips?

Thanks!
worn
QUOTE(campbellcj @ Sep 6 2013, 09:49 AM) *

What are people doing for -6 engine sheet metal these days? I currently have (IIRC) a repro set from GPR about 10 years old and beat to crap. Finally close to putting an engine back in the car but the bent, cracked and ugly sheet metal is making me sad. sad.gif

I see Pelican has an unpainted repro set at $400. AA web site lists repro as well as factory pieces but who knows if they are truly in stock. I also just emailed Rich Johnson. Any other tips?

Thanks!

I don't know but would like your old tin when you find new so I can use it as a pattern.
Elliot Cannon
Try GPR again. http://www.mid-enginemania.com/products/Po...-%28raw%29.html
914itis
Just got a set from rich Johnson, he is a member here and a great guy.
Email him a914guy at aol dot com
Luke M
http://www.patrickmotorsports.com/part/pmp...ooled-flat-six/

I got my set at PMS. Nicely made tins and it's powder coated. It also has the cut outs for the pressure fed tensioners (most aftermarket tins do now). I didn't want to cut my factory tins for the tensioner lines so I got these and shelf-ed the factory set.

Rich Johnson also makes a nice set.
campbellcj
Thanks everyone.

I have a feeling that various folks are reselling the same parts, as is commonly done these days...

I already heard back from Rich Johnson and am leaning that direction. Really looking forward to getting my @$%ing car back on the track after almost 2 years of downtime!
ConeDodger
I got mine from Getty Design. He made them. About $400 and took a week or so to ship after order due to production.
jeff
Glad to see your on track sawzall-smiley.gif ...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.