Full Version: 914-6 headers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
puffinator
Anybody know whose headers these are?
Click to view attachment
r_towle
yours??
ConeDodger
Bursch? They look Bursch like, which is to say RUSTY!
Luke M
Looks like the ones that PMS sells which are no longer being made per PMS.
The guy that made them got out of the business.
larryM
a.k.a TRIAD

i have 2 sets

got one set from Automotion back in the '90s

many other threads on these - do da search

puffinator
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 6 2013, 07:23 PM) *

yours??

Yes
McMark
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 6 2013, 04:23 PM) *

yours??

av-943.gif

Crap that was funny....
Maltese Falcon
Get those headers off to the sandblaster, and then the ceramic coaters.
It looks like you can extend the life of the headers, but they won't fair well in the bad weather uncoated.
Marty
pcar916
I've have those. They were on the car when I bought it in '94. I take them off every couple of years, blast 'em, repaint and reinstall with new nuts. The only change I made was to add an O2 sensor bung for the 993 engine. They are useful for other stuff too.

I tried to get them ceramic-coated in '95, but they wouldn't take them claiming only new ones would retain the coating.

Here's how you keep your teenage daughter off of the streets while they'll still help you with the car.

Click to view attachment
puffinator
QUOTE(pcar916 @ Sep 7 2013, 12:46 AM) *

I've have those. They were on the car when I bought it in '94. I take them off every couple of years, blast 'em, repaint and reinstall with new nuts. The only change I made was to add an O2 sensor bung for the 993 engine. They are useful for other stuff too.

I tried to get them ceramic-coated in '95, but they wouldn't take them claiming only new ones would retain the coating.

Here's how you keep your teenage daughter off of the streets while they'll still help you with the car.

Click to view attachment

Thanks for the info and pic. They sure look like the same ones. What muffler do you use with them? It looks like you have a short extension between header and muffler as do I.

sixnotfour
914/6 short, equal length, tuned racing headers. Built by George Narbel of European Racing Headers (ERH). 1.625” OD, 1.500” ID, 16 ga, 0.065 wall thickness, 33.75” length overall

George RIP sold to GT racing, they make 914-6 headers, I didn't see the short version though.
https://www.gt-racing.com/about-us/
GeorgeRud
When I repaired my heat exchangers, I had Jet- Hot ceramic coat them. They did sandblast them and coated them with no problems. They've held up fine, so I think it can be done on older headers.
pcar916
QUOTE(puffinator @ Sep 7 2013, 09:01 AM) *

What muffler do you use with them? It looks like you have a short extension between header and muffler as do I.

I use short (10in) SuperTrapps. I could use longer ones without the extensions but I like 911 sport mufflers... they sound fantastic and need the extensions.

But I've never made one with the proper pipe size for the 3.6 engine... whatever that would be. Maybe the stock old sport muffler would be fine, but I don't have a muffler to convert any more so it doesn't really matter! SuperTrapps it is.

The short ones allowed you to run megaphones. One thing you can also do with the extensions is to weld a cross-pipe to soften the exhaust note and dampen the harshness under deceleration.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.