Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Desert 914
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hi_Fi_Guy
Since there was no official "Sunday Drive" after the Toys for Tots breakfast run we did our own little fun run up and down the mountains near my friend Kevin's house (he shot all the pics too). Lots of slower twisty sections and lots of triple digit madness on the straights. Covered well over 150 miles today, only drove sanely when in the 914 convoy to Casa Grande for breakfast, and still averaged 29.5 MPG! Jake, what is your secret? I get all the power in the universe plus awesome MPGs? Too freakin' cool!
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
Mike9142.0
Is that the road to canyon lake?
smooth_eddy
So which one of Jake's engines is in your 914?
gregrobbins
You really need to see this car in person. It is awsome! Really nice! And that RAT power, very cool.
Hi_Fi_Guy
Yes, road to canyon lake.... lots of fun. Beautiful day for driving.

Raby 2270 (built a few years back so no F.I., ceramic lifters, or electronic ignition). Dyno'd at 150 HP 160 Lb. Ft. Probably less in my car with the SS Heat Exchangers currently installed but still plenty of pull... make that damn fast.

Thanks for the kind words Greg. It's the great feedback that makes it all worth it. Well, that and driving it w00t.gif
rick 918-S
I really love the color of your car. wub.gif
Stutgart46
Not only do you have "THE" 914 but you've got roads like that too. I didn't realize roads like that even existed.
Thanks for the pics.
Root_Werks
Dang! Nice 914! There are some roads like that in WA, but surounded by trees. biggrin.gif
914helo
Very nice-looking car. smilie_pokal.gif We had a warm spell here as well over the weekend, but unfortunately my car is still on jackstands. sad.gif
Dr Evil
Yes, but do you ahve any pictures of your car? rolleyes.gif

so what if I'm slightly jealous.
Jake Raby
Yeah, thats an older 2270 combo that still kicks major ass!

I have seen engines like that get over 30 MPG with my 2270 combos!

This is an AWESOME car and I'm proud to have it feature one of my engines.
bare 1
driving.gif Sweet!! But ya got the top on?? My pacfic nw blood would be eating up that sunshine. What tire/wheels are you running? And how is your suspension set up? You look a little lower than stock especially in front. I'm assuming you did more than just put in a big engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.