Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Old Race Car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marinmcgreevy
Hi All,

I was going though my hard drive and came across a mpeg of the car I put together and traded for the 914/6. This is a car that had been taken all apart nearly 40 years ago and the parts dispersed. The car had been last raced in 1973 with a fuel injected 2l BMW. The car in its original form, with its original engine, had not been together since 1965. The engine was sitting on a jack stand when I found it 20 years later. I am placing a link to the mpeg. Take a look. The video is of the second time I started the car. Below is a photo of the car taken last summer in my driveway. I started with a about 25 boxes and frame. It took me about a year to figure out how everything went together. I used the wear and dirt marks on the various parts to see how it all fit together. The collection of parts had been separated for 40 years.

Here is the link to the video. Make sure you turn up the volume!

http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/marinm...&.src=bc&.view=

The car is now being properly restored and hopefully will be seen out on the vintage race circuit in the near future.

The car was called the California Racing Partnership Special. It was built up in the early 60s in Berkeley. The car was based on a Lotus 23 and was designed and built by Motor Racing Developments (Brabham). The car was evidently quite a handfull as it crashed during its first race in 1965 and was never raced again with the Olds V8. Below is a photo of the car after I put it together.

I hope you enjoy the video.

I am now restoring a Lola formula 5000 car. wacko.gif
marinmcgreevy
One more of the car in 1965
marinmcgreevy
When it ran with a BMW engine
Aaron Cox
DEAD LINK unsure.gif
marinmcgreevy
I don't know what happened. The files are there and available for anyone to see. Now I cannot access them. My bookmark still works to the file locations:

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/marinmcgreevy
marinmcgreevy
Does anyone know a good place to upload mpegs to the web for all to see?
skline
The link just worked for me. I am at a clients office though so I am not going to download it here. I will try it again when I get home.
marinmcgreevy
Click on the link below and then click on the mpeg file "second start no text"

http://briefcase.yahoo.com/marinmcgreevy
GWN7
Towing it with a 68 Camero beerchug.gif
Aaron Cox
works now! wow...fire out the pipes...lumpy cam smilie_pokal.gif aktion035.gif
Lou W
COOL beerchug.gif beerchug.gif
PatW
Thats got a mean howl. wacko.gif
Rhodes71/914
QUOTE(GWN7 @ Dec 12 2004, 10:22 PM)
Towing it with a 68 Camero beerchug.gif

I thought that was pretty cool to. That whole pic is classic.
Will have to check the vid out when I have a fast connection.
Stutgart46
I was looking over the pics of your interior in your 914/6 and I really like your gauge bracket. Did you make that or did you purchase it somewhere?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.