Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bought my keeper! 2.5 Flared suby conversion!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JRust
Crazy how things work. I originally sent Dean a text to see if he was going to RRC. Next thing you know we are making a deal for me to buy his car. Thanks so much Dean for building such a beautiful 914. I am honored & thankful you entrusted it to me. I plan to keep this car for many years. While I won't be discussing the price. I will say this is the most I've ever paid for a 914 by far. At the same time this is the happiest I've ever been with the purchase.

I've logged a good 6 hours in it so far. Drives great & has good power. 160ish to the wheels if I remember right. The suby tranny shifts easy & is tight. My only question will be if I stick with the 16x7 fuchs on it. Or change to the 17x9rears & 17x7.5 rsr finish rota Fuch replica's confused24.gif
McMark
Keep the 16s. That thing is gorgeous. Jealous. drooley.gif
Black22
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 7 2013, 05:05 PM) *

I plan to keep this car for many years.

Until I get you to sell it to me...for 1/2 price!!!! happy11.gif av-943.gif

INCREDIBLE RIDE!!!! aktion035.gif
aharder
That looks sweet !!! Enjoy the ride biggrin.gif
CptTripps
Congrats!

Now THAT is the way to do a Subie conversion...with your bank acct.
914-300Hemi
Congrats that is a sweet ride. I'm jealous.
bulitt
smilie_pokal.gif Wow
rhodyguy
that's as good as it gets jamie. that's the only one you need. time to thin the herd. edit: don't fuch with it. it's just fine as it sits.

k
Krieger
Wow! Looks very nice. If its geared right with those wheels and they have rubber on them why change?
Mike Bellis
I saw that car in Monterey. He drove it from Idaho. Beautiful car!

You better keep this one! poke.gif
NORD

Are you planning to own every 914 at least once? driving.gif

Nice looking car
Michael N
If I grow up I want to be like Jamie. pray.gif Now that is a keeper for sure!!!
speed metal army
Nice!! Sell me the Rotas.. evilgrin.gif
jim_hoyland
Congrats Jamie. smile.gif smile.gif Love that green body
JRust
QUOTE(speed metal army @ Sep 7 2013, 08:35 PM) *

Nice!! Sell me the Rotas.. evilgrin.gif

Keep your eye on the classifieds. Damn near every other 914 or part I own. Will be going up for sale. Gotta pay for my new ride somehow idea.gif .
computers4kids
Jamie that is one beautiful ride! gorgeous
r_towle
Second on the rotas....
ruddyboys
That is a nice ride
r_towle
For those of us that do not know that car, could you post up more pictures and details?

Very interested in how the transmission setup functions, etc.

Rich
76-914
Nice score Jamie. Smart too. Let someone else build it. biggrin.gif What's Dean's next projext? Another Suby mod?
kharma
Wow, that is STUNNING.
carr914
QUOTE(NORD @ Sep 7 2013, 09:55 PM) *

Are you planning to own every 914 at least once? driving.gif

I don't think Jamie & I have owned the same car ...yet!
Congrats, next time I'm headed up that way I will try to stop by to check out this sweet ride piratenanner.gif
rhodyguy
n.a. or turbo?
dlkawashima
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 8 2013, 07:17 AM) *

For those of us that do not know that car, could you post up more pictures and details?

Very interested in how the transmission setup functions, etc.

Rich

Sawtooth build thread:

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=87326

Met Dean & his wife at WCR 2012 in Monterey and had a chance to check out his creation ..... very impressive. Congratulations Jamie, it's a keeper for sure.
jbyron
Beautiful car, Jamie. You have every reason to be content with this one.
KELTY360
Psst...Jamie, I know where there's a Creamsicle in a barn near me. Got parked 20 years ago...might be for sale..... happy11.gif

Great score on that car. I'm amazed he sold it.
JRust
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 8 2013, 08:56 AM) *

I don't think Jamie & I have owned the same car ...yet!

lol-2.gif lol-2.gif lol-2.gif

I think that is the best quote so far.

Well I made it back home to Oregon with no problems. Car ran great the whole time. Although I hovered around the 20mpg range. Dean was around the 30mpg range. We changed the tune a little before I left. I've got to get the software downloaded for the Stinger computer. Then learn how it works. Didn't look to complicated so even an ignorant teener like me should be able to handle it dry.gif .

As far as the wheels we will see. I do like the look now. I want to see how the Rota's look. I've got alot invested in the Rota's. I would rather use them than sell them but we will see. Brand new wheels with brand new tires have their appeal too. They will fill out those flares nicely without any spacers. I don't think many on the board will pony up what I have invested in the Rota's anyway ($2400). It's a good chunk of coin so I may as well get some use out of them. I guess I did get one 20 minute ride before I pulled my old v8 setup idea.gif
Midman914
Tough call on the wheels. They both look good. That car is soooo beautiful! Have fun.
bulitt
QUOTE(76-914 @ Sep 8 2013, 10:30 AM) *

Nice score Jamie. Smart too. Let someone else build it. biggrin.gif What's Dean's next projext? Another Suby mod?

Just read Deans build thread. What a great job he did on this car! Must have been some remorse in letting it go? Frickin awesome car.
sawtooth
Good to see you got her back to the new stable Jamie. Definitely hard to let go, but was necessary at this point in life. Already dreaming of the next build for sure. Hope you enjoy this sweet 914 as much as I have.
JRust
Took the wife for a drive tonight. Got a thumbs up from her too. Drove it around this afternoon for a couple hours. Lots of looks from everyone I passed. The green really calls attention. Just need to clean out space in my garage. It has to sleep outside tonight sad.gif
montoya 73 2.0
Nice call Jamie thumb3d.gif I heard the excitement in your emails. I'm happy for you buddy.
PDXMike
Is this the same car from WCR2011?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1500618

I've been drooling over that thing for 2 years.

carr914
I could go either way on your choice of wheels confused24.gif

Click to view attachment
sawtooth
QUOTE(PDXMike @ Sep 9 2013, 10:22 PM) *

Is this the same car from WCR2011?

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?s=&...t&p=1500618

I've been drooling over that thing for 2 years.

Yep, the 2011 wcr in Medford was the event that inspired me to get the car finished. Had some great first-time auto-x coaching that day. Had a run with Britain first, then Jamie and I in this video, what a blast.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNQKI0wL1wc
greenie
Dean built a beautiful car, this is a definite keeper!!

Did it come with first.gif the trophy from Medford?

Congratulations Jamie! driving.gif
mstein95
Envious. drooley.gif

Nice aquisition Jamie. Look forward to seeing it this weekend.
JRust
QUOTE(carr914 @ Sep 10 2013, 04:45 AM) *

I could go either way on your choice of wheels confused24.gif

That looks good to me on your car. I'm going to see how they look. I think the RSR finish will compliment the side Porsche Script. I'll post some pics when I change them out. Probably won't be until saturday.
green914
agree.gif It's gorgeous!
914forme
What a great score.
Eric_Shea
What do you want for it Jamie? poke.gif
JRust
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 10 2013, 11:14 AM) *

What do you want for it Jamie? poke.gif

I want to keep it for a very long time evilgrin.gif . So leave me be happy11.gif
bulitt
Never hurts to ask... biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I want to keep it for a very long time . So leave me be

In Jamie's terms that means "ask me next month" lol3.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 10 2013, 12:02 PM) *

Easy on poor Jamie, if I can keep my Carrera this long, I have faith the subie will stay with him for a long time! aktion035.gif
Eric_Shea
How much for the Carrera? poke.gif
Ferg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TSqGa_AjNBA
JRust
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 10 2013, 01:02 PM) *

Just because I buy them all the time. Doesn't mean I sell them all the time. I've had my v8 for 6 years now. Hasn't run more than half that time but it is a 914 blink.gif . Only reason it is going up for sale now is because of this car. I love it & have no intention of selling it. If something in life changes & it comes down to the car or the house. The car will lose everytime. Barring some emergency this car is here to stay.

Feel free to ask about my LS1 project or the Corvair Conversion car popcorn[1].gif
Black22
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 10 2013, 02:17 PM) *

QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 10 2013, 01:02 PM) *

Feel free to ask about my LS1 project or the Corvair Conversion car popcorn[1].gif

OK, I'll bite.

How much do I have to invest into your LS1 or Corvair conversion to get you to give me the Green Suby Conversion? av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.