Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: jims new 6
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhodyguy
title says it all, brad spilled the beans. where did you find this one jim? no driving it til you get the carbed 4 up and running.

kevin
Brad Roberts
You have already seen pics of it. I posted them a few weeks back... "How much would you pay for this" was the thread title..

B
Brad Roberts
Here is Jims new car..

He even responded to my post about the car.. but told the seller he didnt know I was involved with the car..ha ha..

http://www.all914.com/forsale/9146green/index.htm

B
Gint
I vaguely recall that thread. I searched all of your posts back past April and I couldn't find it.

Did you delete that thread?

I'd like to see pics as well.
Brad Roberts
Here is the original post...

Previous post..

B
Gint
Thank you.
Brad Roberts
Jim,

You and Craig need to teach me to shut up about cars and just buy them.

I have lost 3 cars this year and it is only May...LOL

B
Brad Roberts
The car was in San Jose, but was moved to Dublin which is where Jim picked it up.

Notice he has been quiet lately ??

B
Gint
Jim,

You and Craig need to teach me to shut up about cars and just buy them.

I have lost 3 cars this year and it is only May...LOL

Private emails and PM when on the "hunt"

The car was in San Jose, but was moved to Dublin which is where Jim picked it up.

Notice he has been quiet lately ??

Looks like he's got a fair amount of work in store.....
Bleyseng
He has been quiet, I wonder why?
Geoff
boxstr
Jims in Newport Beach, no computer access. He will probably head over to the library and use theres to check on the daily chatter.
CCLINGOLFMODE
rhodyguy
oh, my. fun. mellow.gif i would've softened up that ax car you had when i was down. hell, i should have bought it.

kevin
Porsche Rescue
Craig has it right, I'm in the Newport Beach Public Library, so not as attentive to 914 stuff as usual.
In the middle of a 10 day house swap with my brother and he doesn't have a computer at home. The day we arrived it was 86 degrees in Portland, 62 here, go figure.
Kevin, it will be a long time before I drive the six, needs a lot of work. The carbed 4 will be going in a week or two.
Brad, you're getting paranoid. I only remembered your post about the value of the green six (and my response) today when I went to your link on this thread (I said "no more than $5000", then paid more a month later, LOL!!!). I bought the car after seeing an ad for it on the Rennlist classifieds. I had no idea it was one of your "stake outs" until the seller told me you wanted the car when I picked it up.
All I can say is you were too slow making up your mind. If I can exchange several phone calls, receive email pics, negotiate a purchase, and drive 700 miles with a tow dolly to get the car, I think you were asleep at the switch. Don't blame me.

The car was a good buy, but given all the work needed, it was certainly not a steal. But then again, original, reasonably complete sixes are not found too often. I have seen many for sale at $12-16K which look nice but need most of what this car needs. I liked the idea of restoring the car for the first time.
Gint
I liked the idea of restoring the car for the first time.

I'm just gonna keep my mouth shut.

Except to say congratulations Jim.
Brad Roberts
Jim,

I never blamed you.. I blame the person who didnt give me the 4-5 messages Ion left at SSI (but I never recieved). I totally agree.. SNOOZE you lose. I'm picking up a similar car next week in LA..same condition same parts.. 500$ less (will run me 300$ or to go down and come back)

B
boxstr
Sorry Brad, why do you think Jim is in Newport Beach right now...
CCLINGOLFMODE
Brad Roberts
That's not funny Craig.. :finger2:

This one hasnt been listed in 2 years..

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.