Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Electric Fuel Pump
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Hine62
I have an electric pump in my 914 that looks like this. What's the circled part in the pic below?

IPB Image

I'm not familiar with this type of pump. How do I tell what it is rated at and the psi adjustable?
Kirmizi
Looks like a Facet and the circled item could be an inline filter.
AFAIK they're not adjustable.
larryM

X2 on that - they put out about 6 psi - you can use an external psi adjuster device

QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Sep 7 2013, 08:16 PM) *

Looks like a Facet and the circled item could be an inline filter.
AFAIK they're not adjustable.

Cap'n Krusty
They're cheap, noisy, and somewhat unreliable. Use a Pierberg, which doesn't need a regulator for carbs.

The Cap'n
pilothyer
They sound like a metal beaked woodpecker on a metal tree.
Hine62
Thanks for the replies.

I recently put dual carbs on and I don't think this pump is putting out enough pressure. First I was going to replace the filters, but then I got thinking that I didn't know the exact pressure that this pump is putting out. The gauge I have only goes to 5psi.
brant
You only want 3 psi for carbs. So the gauge you have if fine for telling you if you have enough pressure. It sounds like you may need to add a regulator. Much above 4psi will push you needles and seats open causing your float levels to go high and your car to be rich. You need to regulate that pump down to 3psi
Hine62
I meant the gauge starts at 5psi...
brant
Oops my mistake
Drums66
.....That is a facet electric pump & the circled part is an early
ford fuel filter!! idea.gif
flag.gif bye1.gif popcorn[1].gif( I used thick rubber mounting gasket's to knock noise!....)
Tat..Tat....Tat...(no problem)
rhodyguy
you need a gauge that reads lower than 5psi. or switch to the pump the cap'n suggests. less connections means less chance of fuel leaks.
aircooledtechguy
I call those pumps "the midget with a machine gun" blink.gif

I prefer the CB Performance Rotary pump (which is made by Carter. I've put around 100K+ miles on the one on my '66 VW Bus over the past 15 years. It's never let me down, is whisper quiet and is internally regulated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.