Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Publicity for Club
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
richardL
In the Bay Area, the San Jose Mercury News is probably the major newspaper for the southern part of the Bay. I noticed that in their 'Drive' section (which is usually fairly braindead - he didn't like the Elise because it didn't have cup holders or side airbags - it was too basic) they do an annual listing of area car clubs.

Its free to get listed, you just send a description to the section editor (by 12/27 in this case), listing the focus of the club, major planned events etc. You end up with a paragraph listing the club among all the other car clubs in the area.

So....

Is this something we should do? If so what should be in the listing - WCC2005?

In your area, does your local paper do something similar? - perhaps we should try to get listed in as many local rags as possible?

R
McMark
I'm all for it. smilie_pokal.gif
neo914-6
I'm listed as "porsche conversions" club for the local Porsche V8 conversions. I've recieved vendor offers and entry to local auto events. It's good exposure and networking.
Felix
Root_Werks
You Kaleforneah guys have all the good stuff. Yeah, I would jump on that one. smile.gif
Jeroen
Hey Richard, don't be shy now.
Go ahead, write something creative and send it in!
Carl
Hi Richard,
I saw that last week, too, and wondered if we should enter a listing for the club.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.