Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New firewall pads on GB right now $65 each best price ever
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mikey914
These are foil lined heavy felt, they reflect heat well and sound. They are foil faced on both sides. These can be glued in place or you can use Velcro. They are about 22oz in weight, a SIGNIFICANT weight reduction over the OEM. I had been making them from aircraft firewall material, but it's more fragile and more expensive. I do still make those, but for the dollar, these offer a good value.

Shipping would be less than $20 conus.
Who wants one?
TheCabinetmaker
Mark, can you post a better pic? Having a hard time registering what I'm seeing.

Thanks.
malcolm2
QUOTE(The Cabinetmaker @ Sep 9 2013, 11:36 AM) *

Mark, can you post a better pic? Having a hard time registering what I'm seeing.

Thanks.

Got one installed on a car? That would sell it!
Mikey914
I will be installing this weekend. biggrin.gif
Mikey914
One month later, I finally got to it. But the wife helped. I really like the way this fit. The Velcro I used to install worked pretty well, had to have a second set of hands to help get it in. i have 7 of these left.
Mikey914
Before
02loftsmoor
I've been told to leave the pad off it traps mosture. I have some rust were my old pad trapped water confused24.gif
Mikey914
I added 2' of velcro. Not included, but I can add in for $12.
Mikey914
One more
Mikey914
Don't forget to get this installed behind the metal strips that were used to hold in the OEM.

You probably don't need all the velcro, but I didn't want to glue it in, and I tend to overkill.
Kansas 914
Hi Mark,

I am in for one with Velcro.

PM sent.
Mikey914
QUOTE(02loftsmoor @ Oct 6 2013, 12:24 PM) *

I've been told to leave the pad off it traps mosture. I have some rust were my old pad trapped water confused24.gif

Yes I would normally agree, especially with the OEM. It's heavy and will easily trap moisture. These do not have the tar and if you can install to remove you can clean out behind and reinstall. That's what I did.
Mikey914
added to the website 1st come 1st sold
http://shop.914rubber.com/Fireall-backpad-foil-914FWF.htm
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.