Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Want big steel flares?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
John Kelly
I'm looking for a 914 owner who wants large steel flares on the rear of their car, who hopefully has the wheels and tires already, is able to get their car to Seattle in the next month or so, and who can weld or get welding done when the shaping is finished. I want to build a pair that look like the attached picture, for my next DIY video.

When I'm done they will need finish body work and welding...they will be tack-welded to the car only...need a car without a lot of filler in the area that the flares attach. I will charge $800 (slightly less if the panels are bare metal inside and out) which is a lot less than my shop rate. Another $200 to flare the rockers to match.

A few more pictures here:

http://allshops.org/cgi-bin/community/comm...d=9980138836765

Please contact me if interested.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com ghiafab@msn.com
rick 918-S
Someone should take you up on the offer. That is the deal of the century.
seanery
if I were closer I'd be there. smash.gif
morgan
I want a video How can I get one

John
John Kelly
Thanks guys, John my video is being held up by my guys heavy schedule. I'm not sure when it will be done...just that we are close. I'm getting set up to do video by myself which will make things go faster for the next video. Email me directly to get on my list: ghiafab@msn.com

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
Andyrew
Aw man... I am really debating it...

but the price to get it over there... and back... plus the 800..

ouch... Thats more than I spent on the v8 conversion!!!

phoey.... If only if only...
jwalters
wink.gif You know, if I didn't know anybetter--those flares look just like the ones on my '86 944------was / is that your inspiration???

Cause damn they look good!!! boldblue.gif
dinomium
idea.gif hmmm so a grand for the big coke bottle look?
Lets see,
914 sitting in need of some new fenders CHECK
9 inch fake Fuch and five lug swing arms CHECK
Only 12 miles due west of John CHECK

The only down side is I like being married! Curses to the never ending house of remodling hell!

We should talk, John!
boxstr
John, I think I can find a car to drop off when I come up and pickup that bumper. What about bigass fronts??
CCLINFLAREME
John Kelly
CWalters, The flares do look a little like a 944 flare, but the shoulder is softer...I just built it by eye..did not have a design in mind when I started.

Dino, I don't want to cause any marriage problems! You should come over and I'll show you how easy this stuff can be.

Craig, I think I have a candidate already, besides you already have massive flares...greedy bastard..what bumper? ....just kidding. I'll let you know if things change.

No plans at the moment for front flares. Just doing this for the next video.

Thanks, John www.ghiaspecialties.com
boxstr
John can you send me your address. I may be in the Seattle area and I could stop by and pickup that bumper.
CCLINMAPQUEST
neo914-6
John,

Car is on the way, I can't believe it is finally happening. IPB ImageI remember our first e-conversations about this project last June ...
Andyrew
Felix... What did you do with the flares that were on it?

I would be interested in them if you want to get rid of them.. (or if you still have them.)

Andrew
neo914-6
Andrew,

There are two people ahead of you interested in them and one of them is Brad. I still need the fronts until I find and pound out some new metal fenders so I'm hanging onto them for now...Ironically I may eventually replace all the f/g parts on this car. IPB Image
Andyrew
Well keep me in mind..

Brad doesnt need any more of those? Geeez, whats that guy thinking?

You want all steel, I want all fiberglass....

Bingo! IPB Image

Im really want the rears.. but anything, lol.

If they fall through, (HA, ya right....) I got cash...

Email me if you want to discuss it.
IF not, Email me about some updates on your car... lol

Andrew
John Kelly
QUOTE (Neo914 @ Jan 18 2005, 09:42 PM)
John,

Car is on the way, I can't believe it is finally happening. IPB ImageI remember our first e-conversations about this project last June ...

Hi Felix,

Great! I hope the driver will help push it along my serpentine driveway. I'll let you know when it arrives.

John www.ghiaspecialties.com
neo914-6
John,
Shouldn't be a problem, it's a father and son transport team and the car weighs less than 1500 lbs. If it is a problem let me know and I will call my brother-in-law, Dan to help...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.