Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Targa pad removal
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
e_artiles
I already removed the L/R targa pads and duct taped the rear glass so it doesn't fall in (already loose). I've also removed all of the screws holding the top targa pad but it's not breaking loose. Is there a secret or do I just pull harder? I don't want to tear this piece up!
Jeffs9146
QUOTE(e_artiles @ Sep 9 2013, 03:52 PM) *

I already removed the L/R targa pads and duct taped the rear glass so it doesn't fall in (already loose). I've also removed all of the screws holding the top targa pad but it's not breaking loose. Is there a secret or do I just pull harder? I don't want to tear this piece up!

Did you remove the screws and bolts on the rear top latches?
ruby914
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Sep 9 2013, 03:57 PM) *

QUOTE(e_artiles @ Sep 9 2013, 03:52 PM) *

Did you remove the screws and bolts on the rear top latches?

agree.gif Seems there is a hard to get to screw near the latch as well. Maybe that was for the latch cover?
Did you remove the screws on the underside of the targa pad? Removing the “b” pillars should make it easier.
76-914
Count the screws. Should be one for every hole. Mine was a bitch until I carefully dug out the foam so I could see each screw head. I could not "feel" them with the screwdriver. It should slip off once all the screws are out.
e_artiles
That's what I missed! I will look for the latch screws....thanks!
e_artiles
The latch screws did not need to come out for removal. It was a couple of stubborn screws on the pad itself that I did not completely back out. Came out like a champ after that.
76-914
thumb3d.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.