Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 rear calipers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Jon H.
I just brought the car in for a safety and the mech noticed that the brake pads are overhanging my rotors by a few mm's. I do have re-drilled 914 rotors, but I'm not sure how to tell if I have 914 calipers? They are Ats and the had a #15 or # 16 on them. Are these 914-6 calipers? This was and auto cross car and I do have S calipers up front so maybe the back was upgraded too.

Regards'

Jon
Cap'n Krusty
If you have a working parking brake, then the odds are you have 914 rear calipers. If there's no parking brake hardware present, we'll need a photo or two to help identify what you have. BTW, it's illegal in the US to operate a motor vehicle on public roads without a functioning parking brake system.

The Cap'n
Jon H.
Yes the parking brake is functional, the car did pass the safety, it's illegal here too to have a non-op e-brake. I do need to figure this out because as the pads wear they will eventually be hitting each other on the outside ridge that gets created since there is no wearing across the whole rotor.

I did take a pic while the car was on the hoist, I'll up load it in a few hours as I have to leave the house now.

Jon
Jeffs9146
The 4 rotors are a bit smaller than the 6's so there could be pad overhang if you are using 4 rotors with 6 calipers!
Jon H.
QUOTE(Jeffs9146 @ Sep 10 2013, 07:07 AM) *

The 4 rotors are a bit smaller than the 6's so there could be pad overhang if you are using 4 rotors with 6 calipers!

That's what I was thinking, if that's the case then I either have to throw away the 6 calipers And put on 914-4 calipers or buy 6 rotors biggrin.gif

Jon
Jon H.
Here is two pictures of the caliper. Not sure if they tell much though.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
mepstein
4's
SLITS
Late model, 2 bleeder, /4 calipers.
Jon H.
Ok 4's they are but what about the pads over hanging the rotors, is this normal? Or could 6 pads have been put on?
Eric_Shea
Probably the brand of pad. I wouldn't worry about it.
Cap'n Krusty
Wooaahhhh! I'd start spraying a good penetrating oil on those adjusters right about now. Gonna take some time to free up those puppies!

The Cap'n
Jon H.
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Sep 10 2013, 09:23 AM) *

Wooaahhhh! I'd start spraying a good penetrating oil on those adjusters right about now. Gonna take some time to free up those puppies!

The Cap'n

Good thinking, atleast the driving season is almost over and I'll have all winter to get them sorted.
Jon H.
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 10 2013, 09:19 AM) *

Probably the brand of pad. I wouldn't worry about it.

Good one less thing to worry about.

Thanks'
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.