Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: 1970 Porsche 914, 1.7 liter, many extra parts
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
scoobykvn
I am selling my 1970 Porsche 914 with many extra parts. It has very little rust, just a few small spots on the floor pans. The rolling chassis came from California. When I got it I stripped down the interior, engine compartment, and RR trunk to bare metal and painted with POR-15 (Did not do the front trunk yet). The hell hole and longs have no rust. The battery tray was rusted, so I removed it and relocated the battery to the RR trunk. It has a 1.7 liter motor (not original) with weber 36 IDF carbs and has been upgraded to a later side shift transmission. The transmission was rebuilt a couple years ago and works well (just needs a very slight shifter adjustment). The distributor has been upgraded to a unilite electronic unit with an MSD 6A box. The engine runs well most of the time, but has an intermittent rough running issue. I believe it is something in the fuel system causing it to run lean, likely the fuel pump. I have a brand new, unopened fuel pump and filter that will come with it. The interior is OK, but does need some work. The passenger side window needs installed (everything comes with it) and the driver side needs adjusted. The entire car could use a new paint job. There are a lot of scratches and the clear coat that the previous owner sprayed on is full of runs. The key only works in the ignition and passenger door, the rest need rekeyed. The trunk has an electric opener instead of a key and needs the springs installed. Almost new Kumho Ecsta AST tires (less than 500 miles on them).

There are far too many extra parts to list them all (I had 2 parts cars), but I will list the bigger ones: 2.0 liter engine (minus heads) that needs rebuilt; Tail shift transmission case with some internals; Original 1.7 liter fuel injection system; Brand new unopened fuel pump w/ filter; Full extra set of suspension; 2.0 liter muffler; Set of 5-lug adaptors; Many unopened new parts; 2 Italian made Weber 40 IDF carbs; The 3 shelving units in the pictures are full of the extra parts, plus there are many not shown or listed.

Overall the car is in pretty good condition, just needs someone who wants to finish the project I started. I want to sell everything together as a package deal, but would consider splitting it up for the right price if you just want the car and some parts. I have many more pictures and can take any you want me to, just email me or PM your email address and I can send them.

Need this car gone soon to make room for new projects.

I am asking $5500 for the whole package.

Email: kevin.augsburger1@gmail.com
Click to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment Click to view attachmentClick to view attachment Click to view attachment
scoobykvn
Bump. Nobody is interested?
mepstein
I'm looking for an early year 914 steering wheel. Please let me know if you have one for sale. thanks, mark

Mark.Epstein@me.com
scoobykvn
Sorry, I don't have one. Anybody interested in just the car alone?
scoobykvn
I am open to offers, I need room in my garage for other projects.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.