Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Automotion ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
02loftsmoor
I need to start buying some of the bits for my 914, starting with the stablizer bushings and so, on any luck with Automotion???
r_towle
You may get better support from pelicanparts, gprparts, or auto Atlanta.
Mike Bellis
I've bought a few small items but no problems. Not a cheap place to buy. But if you can't find it in the classifieds here...
JawjaPorsche
I have bought some hard to find items from them. Not the cheapest but they had some OEM rubber stuff I needed. If you order by phone, you will probably get a cheaper shipping rate.
Now "if" it were me, I would support gprparts ..support the little guys.
bigkensteele
Just an FYI, Eric at PMB does more than just brakes. I have ordered a bunch of stuff from him that was not listed on his site and at competitive prices. Just give him a call.

Chris at Tangerine is another option.

You will get the best customer service from the guys who know and love these cars.
ruddyboys
Always has good dealings with Pelican, they are also a great bunch of guys.
02loftsmoor
Love to buy from the small guys. I have to start replacing the rubber parts, so i'm starting at the front of the car going back..
cary
For the bushing I would look at Elephant Racing.
Chuck doesn't do the OEM sway bar bushings.
Dave_Darling
Automotion is now just a branch of Performance Products. They carry pretty much the same stuff that all the other Porsche mail-order places do.

History: They started out as a local shop in either Sunnyvale or Mountain View, allied with Garretson's. (Famous local Porsche shop who ran several 935s at Le Mans, among other places; Bruce Anderson was their service manager.)

They became completely independent, and were in Sunnyvale--and they expanded until they needed to move to a different part of Sunnyvale. The swap meets the locals had there were immense. Their main claim to fame was the very slick printed catalog that they published, not necessarily their prices.

Eventually the owners decided to retire. They sold the business to Performance Products, who moved operations down to LA where they were. And now, as far as I know, it's a front end for them.

--DD
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.