Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rust repair request
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
hartshapedmutt
Hi. I need to replace the battery tray.. its pretty bad. Also some issues in the trunk. Does anyone know anyone down in the south bay (California) that can help me with this stuff? Someone reliable and honest, if possible :-).

Thanks!

Mutt
SpecialK
icon_bump.gif

Come on CA guys, give him a hand! smash.gif welder.gif
tiim5
Contact Mark De Bernardi, Mc Mark on the list. He did the rustoration on my car, it turned out great he knows his stuff. worth the drive to napa.
Trekkor
agree.gif

Burgermiester will dial you in.

He will take his time and do it the right way.
You'll be happy. Just be sure to bring him a burger wink.gif

KT
jim_hoyland
Having gone through the restoration excercise twice in the So Cal area, I have several thoughts:

1. It's harder to find people who want to do that work than you think. You may have to take the car further away to find the right person

2. It's going to take longer than you think or anybody says.

3. You can probably do a very satisfactory job youself once the interior and engine are removed.

4. Last, its cheaper to find a car already done and in a fire sale; this of couse defeats all the joys you get from doing it yourself; but, is way less expensive in the long run
lagunero
Elliot Cannon gave me the number to the person who did his repairs and all Elliot can say about him is pray.gif
I believe his name is George and lives in the San Fernando Valley (close to you). Good hourly rate too. I'll look for the number tomorrow.
DJsRepS
I just removed mine and straped it in the front trunk in a good boat battery inclosure. I was tring to open up the motor bay area.
hartshapedmutt
I've got a guy in Campbell looking at it. He's going to try to clean it and tell me if it really needs to be done right away. I'm just worried the damn battery us going to pop off into the engine while I am driving it! That would suck.
lawrencedesigns
Alberto,
I could use the number of that guy in the San Fernando Valley. I am here in the valley and have some under-the-seats-rust issues.

I would appreciate it if you can find his number...
hartshapedmutt
What about HPH? Do they do rust repair? Will they replace a battery tray?

I cant believe its this hard to get the tray replaced.

Thanks,

Mutt
dmenche914
Yeamans in Palo Alto does excellent 914 rust repair, as does Mark in Napa. Your choice.

If a lot of rust, best to remove engine to gain access. Besure you do not have terminal rocker rust before starting, cause then it might not be worth the effort to fix, if only the battery tray, hell that can be replaced with engine in car. If lower down at the engine shelf, then engien remove is needed.
neo914-6
I've got a guy in Campbell looking at it.
Who and what do you know about him?

I just remembered, Andy (admin) in Oakland repaired alot of mine while it was at Brad's PA shop a year ago...

Felix
hartshapedmutt
QUOTE(dmenche914 @ Dec 14 2004, 11:17 AM)
Yeamans in Palo Alto does excellent 914 rust repair, as does Mark in Napa. Your choice.

If a lot of rust, best to remove engine to gain access. Besure you do not have terminal rocker rust before starting, cause then it might not be worth the effort to fix, if only the battery tray, hell that can be replaced with engine in car. If lower down at the engine shelf, then engien remove is needed.

Do you have any contact info for Yeamans?

Thanks,

Mutt
neo914-6
Yeaman Auto Body
Address: 2025 E Bayshore Rd, Palo Alto, CA 94303
Phone: (650) 328-8169
McMark
All I'll say is that my hourly rate is VERY appealing. wink.gif

Oh and thanks to the people who mentioned my name. Your checks are in the mail. lol2.gif
tiim5
Hey Mutt,
I drive to Mark's place with some frequency to see my car. I can arrange to caravan with you, bring you back to Santa Clara if you want to drop off your car with Mark. let me know.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.