Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Progress thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jwalters
biggrin.gif Well, started the resto--( Hey Zeekman, you should really pay attention to this) so far I have the wheels off, car is suspended about 18 inches in the air, ( yes, this is my work area for the ENTIRE process--it really sucks) I have the interior out and the back lids off. So far I can say that I have dodged major rust issues---- boldblue.gif The rust you see here will be cut out- and replaced with good panels from my A/X project.
There is one more area of rust that is not pictured--I will post soon, but it is the front trunk, left lwr seam, it has completely broken away from the fender junction from the front bulkhead fwd to the arm stiffener piece. Climbed up under it, and all the sheetmetal is solid with only surface cancer and nothing deep. I guess when it was stored for 6+ years that helped some. And the longs are superb!!! WHEW!! Anyway, I will post continually thru the process. Comments, questions, suggestions???
jwalters
<_< Wonder how long till my 225 lb ass fell thru???? Oddly enough, as much as it rains down here, I never got wet...................
jwalters
ohmy.gif
jwalters
ohmy.gif
jwalters
biggrin.gif the rest of the pans are good!!!! beer.gif
watsonrx13
jw, looks like floor pans might be in your immediate future.... sawzall-smiley.gif

Also, pull the pedal cluster and check underneath, it tends to rust there from leaking brake fluid. welder.gif

Looks like you have plenty of room...hahahahaha... biggrin.gif
jwalters
QUOTE(watsonrx13 @ Dec 13 2004, 03:56 PM)
jw, looks like floor pans might be in your immediate future.... sawzall-smiley.gif

Also, pull the pedal cluster and check underneath, it tends to rust there from leaking brake fluid. welder.gif

Looks like you have plenty of room...hahahahaha... biggrin.gif

wink.gif I am sooo happy I have already rebuilt my cluster and taken care of that rust before it got out of control---now I DON'T have to pull that BIATCH!!

Now I see why I read so much about those pedal clusters--seems to be everybodies nightmare!! laugh.gif

Thanks dude!
machina
hey JW,

there was a lady who had a 914 for sale up in north miami a while ago, I went to look at it but thought it was too much $$$ and she wasn't ready to bargain yet. Is this car new to you (maybe the one I saw?) She put alot of money in it but she really didn't know what she had.
jwalters
cool.gif No synthesis, that was not her---I bought this car from a porsche repair garage off of 95 and between Hollywood and Hallandale beach blvd--paid 1200.00--so far it has paid for itself in fuel savings alone!! biggrin.gif

Can't remember the name of that place tho.... unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.