Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: type 1 oil pump install question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jmargush
When installing a type 1 oil pump in the type 4 do you use 2 gaskets (one between pump and case and one between pump and cover) or is there just supposed to be one between the pump and case?
worn
QUOTE(jmargush @ Sep 11 2013, 12:33 PM) *

When installing a type 1 oil pump in the type 4 do you use 2 gaskets (one between pump and case and one between pump and cover) or is there just supposed to be one between the pump and case?

I would use two, but others use permatex. The most important issues you may already know are alignment of the pump holes with the case holes. IME the pump needs to come away from the case a little with a spacer. Also the tang may need grinding to avoid cam gear interference. It needs to engage but not push hard.
Shindog1961
Are you sure they are compatible?
Valy
two gaskets and sealant.
You can print yours on a paperbag from the link in my signature.
jmargush
Very cool thanks

did you use curil T or K2 as a sealant?

what did you use a pump? I have a feeling the Schadek I got might be a tad on the small side.
Valy
QUOTE(jmargush @ Sep 11 2013, 06:28 PM) *

Very cool thanks

did you use curil T or K2 as a sealant?

what did you use a pump? I have a feeling the Schadek I got might be a tad on the small side.

I used Permatex aviation seal.
r_towle
QUOTE(Valy @ Sep 11 2013, 08:03 PM) *

two gaskets and sealant.
You can print yours on a paperbag from the link in my signature.

Dude, very very cool.

I still find neat things here.

Rich
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.