Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Trying to find the correct Dupont paint code
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
'73-914kid
Well, the time has come, and the paint shop needs a paint code.. I've spent hours trying to find a dupont paint code for adriatic blue, or something very close. The closest I've come to finding adriatic was Dupont 2505, which is ford grabber blue... which is too light I think for adriatic:
IPB Image

Anyone who has painted their car Adriatic blue using dupont..Help!

I've tried my best, and the paint shop's chip book isn't the best in the world..

Thanks in advance, Ethan
'73-914kid
IPB Image
This is the color I'm trying to match...
effutuo101
for L50E is the paint code for Adria Blau. Dupont should be able to pull that up.
here is a thread on L50E cars if you want more examples.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...706&hl=L50E

I had Earl do this in a single stage. It is almost electric blue. I am happy with the results.
ThePaintedMan
Ethan,
My car is 2011 Mustang "Grabber" Blue (single stage), and I've had it next to FourBlades' Adriatic Blue car, and it is indeed more bright/lighter.

wndsnd
I have the dupont code at home but I wont be home till Friday.
effutuo101
Toyota has a very close color on it's Land Rover. I think some of the Scion's showed up with it last year as well.
wndsnd
Dupont Adriatic blue

Click to view attachment
'73-914kid
That right there is the color.. Once you get home, please please send it to me. There is a chance that they'll be spraying color saturday morning.. so the sooner the better.. BTW, if anyone else has it, please post it..the sooner the better
wndsnd
Click to view attachment

Here is a sun shot.

I will send when I get back if you dont get before
wobbletop
I know nothing about anything, but I did search the web...

http://paintref.com/cgi-bin/chipdisplay.cg...anuf=Volkswagen

walterolin
I went to Bumper to Bumper here in Louisville, and their paint shop had L30E Bahia Red in their system. I bought a quart of acrylic enamel to brush paint places which would be covered with carpet, it looked the same.
McMark
Make sure you look at the actual paint, or even better - a spray out card. A code isn't worth anything. Actually seeing the color in person is what you need. I've talked to people who put all their faith in a code not realizing how much the same 'code' can change depending on what paint system it's mixed in.
nathansnathan
So it's 8726. I wonder what the c,p means under usage column
IPB Image
nathansnathan
Seems like there are 2 codes? 2251 also?
IPB Image

wobbletop
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Sep 12 2013, 09:01 AM) *

Ummm... that's for PPG, not Dupont.
'73-914kid
QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Sep 12 2013, 05:55 AM) *

So it's 8726. I wonder what the c,p means under usage column
IPB Image

When that code is put into the system it comes up as a strawberry... I think DuPont changed their codes and got rid of a lot of their older colors especially on old vw and Porsche codes.
ThePaintedMan
QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 12 2013, 09:54 AM) *

When that code is put into the system it comes up as a strawberry... I think DuPont changed their codes and got rid of a lot of their older colors especially on old vw and Porsche codes.

Ethan, from what I understand, that's pretty common. I had a hard time even finding the color code for my 96 Mustang when I shot it several years ago.

Why not contact Scotty B? He paints enough Porsches, I'm sure he's done at least one Adriatic Blue car and know what the code is. I think he uses Dupont, but I can't remember.
nathansnathan
QUOTE(wobbletop @ Sep 12 2013, 06:23 AM) *

QUOTE(nathansnathan @ Sep 12 2013, 09:01 AM) *

Ummm... that's for PPG, not Dupont.

oh yeah -it's early here. biggrin.gif
eric9144
I like it a lot, can't wait to see it Ethan! effutuo101 your car looks damn cool beerchug.gif
'73-914kid
QUOTE(ThePaintedMan @ Sep 12 2013, 07:04 AM) *

QUOTE('73-914kid @ Sep 12 2013, 09:54 AM) *

Ethan, from what I understand, that's pretty common. I had a hard time even finding the color code for my 96 Mustang when I shot it several years ago.

Why not contact Scotty B? He paints enough Porsches, I'm sure he's done at least one Adriatic Blue car and know what the code is. I thiDupont,can'remember.

Thanks for the tip George, I gave him a call, and no go on the Adriatic blue code. It sounds like this is a rather normal occurance with old paint codes unfortunately. I'm gonna go this morning and try to match it from their chip book as best as possible. I've seen so much variance in the cars people have painted using factory codes that "close enough" is going to do me just fine.. haha
wndsnd
This is what I have.

The code is 8726K from what I have been told. The letter at the end designates the Dupont type of paint. The mix is supposed to be the same.

Click to view attachment

This mix is for the pint, but your Dupont guy can mix convert to gallons.

Have fun.

Click to view attachment

John
Harpo
Wndsnd love that color with the tan interior.

David
wndsnd
QUOTE(Harpo @ Sep 14 2013, 12:04 PM) *

Wndsnd love that color with the tan interior.

David

Thanks David,

It is starting to come together.

blue914.jpg
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.