Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: SUV tire suggestions please
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Eddie914
The family/tow rig ('95 Suburban K2500 4X4) is need of new tires. I would appreciate comments, suggestions, rants, raves, etc. Wet weather traction is the primary concern here in Seattle, although we do get up to the mountains for snow sports on a regular basis.

The current Firestone Steeltex 245/75/16 E tires have decent tread remaining, but their traction has degraded significantly ... stopping ability absolutely sucks in the rain (just ask my insurance compnay!).

Thanks

Eddie
jd74914
Don't know what type, but we just got some Toyo's for the f-150 and they have been great in all conditions.
MarkV
Michelin 265/75-16 LTX AT

Had them on my last Suburban they are pricey but will last forever. Try Costco.com.
tesserra
When my Sub needs tires I find the guys that go to the dealers and modify the trucks by lifting/lowering and putting on new tires/wheels.
I bought the last three sets of new tires and wheels for about $350 a set.
If you don't want to go that route the Michelin X-terrains are really quiet good tires.
Don't buy bogus tires they last too long for buyer remorse.

George
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.