Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: FS: Real 1970 914-6 Ferndale, WA
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Classified Forums > FS/WANTED: 914 Cars and Rollers
aircooledtechguy
NOT AFFILIATED IN ANY WAY. Just passing it along. . .

http://bellingham.craigslist.org/cto/4063644316.html

"Selling dad's Porsche 916. Nice older restoration. Repainted around 1990, a 9/10 job, now aging nicely. Basically a nice original car, no flares. Has 1 inch wider Fuchs in the back, do not know were the original rear wheels went, they might be around! The motor has been replaced with a 2.2 "S" spec w/ carbs when the original crapped out, around 1985 when I was little. Still have the original block, but it's been outside for many many years! Everything seems to work, we drive it around the block to keep it going along with a battery charger, but no test drives sorry, the tires while they look great, are at least 25 years old and you will not be the one to wreck this beauty! Price is firm, don't knock without your wallet. Also no dealers. Dad always said car dealers are scum, so it would not be honorable to dad to sell his prized car to scum. "
boxstr
Wow, great way to get people to buy your car, no pictures.
And no test drives.
Craig at CAMP
DEC
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(DEC @ Sep 13 2013, 10:18 AM) *

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif

agree.gif condition unknown....potential buyers may have fun...
Chris H.
Wasn't it $25k yesterday? Went up $4k...it'll be $40k by Monday! Hurry up non-dealer-scum people!
sixaddict
welcome.png popcorn[1].gif
Need to hang out here more often .......
Love the Baazingas !
914runnow
Must be another 'Prince' from Africa selling it....
That is the most ridiculous ad I have ever seen....
on the other hand, it might be the deal of the decade!!
I guess if you fork over the 29 G $$$ you can test drive it !!
I bet reving the car in the driveway will cost yah too..!!
Jgilliam914
It is probably like the 1967 911 I found a few months back. Pics showed a pristine car for $17K. Close enough for me to drive and see it. When the owner finally replied weeks later it was that I had to wire the money to Google Wallet before I could see it... Yeah right!! But if I lived closer I would be relentless and hunt this 6 down.
rhodyguy
i know fanatics are searching high and low for 'the deal'. ferndale is as about as far away, from most of us, in western wa as it gets. factor in the fuched traffic windows, not even a picture, and its a no go. i'm surprised that someone local shades.gif didn't go and at least kick a tire.
Mr.242
There you go Kevin. complaigning about traffic......AGAIN.

Cars. They're everywhere.

As for this car, I emailed and got no response. Would tire kick to see, but that's about it. I'd pass the info on if the guy ever responded. But maybe he's stuck in traffic.

lol-2.gif
rhodyguy
ahem...comPLAINING? i know of 5 other people who responded to the ad with the same results as yours. my guess is the car is long gone. as for traffic congestion, the lemmings who spend 60, 75, 90, or longer, minutes commuting all alone in the car from fed-way north or everett south every g-d day are crazy. they don't get to light 6 up so they can scoot thru a stop signal or bypass traffic on their way home or to work. shades.gif
worn
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 19 2013, 06:02 AM) *

ahem...comPLAINING? i know of 5 other people who responded to the ad with the same results as yours. my guess is the car is long gone. as for traffic congestion, the lemmings who spend 60, 75, 90, or longer, minutes commuting all alone in the car from fed-way north or everett south every g-d day are crazy. they don't get to light 6 up so they can scoot thru a stop signal or bypass traffic on their way home or to work. shades.gif

I grew up watching I5 being built. All of that was forest to the north, and Tacoma was a separate city a long way off. I have trouble looking at the NW now without real anguish. At least the eagles and the seals are back. If you see an eagle thank the EPA. Also I miss the November gales.
'Ave fun with the phantom 914-6. They say it only appears on foggy nights in the mists of Ferndale, or sometimes Orting, or Bumping Log. Or once it was seen prowling through Humptulips. A ghostly car with no engine - or maybe a spare 2.2
Kaeferfreund
QUOTE(worn @ Sep 19 2013, 04:14 PM) *

QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Sep 19 2013, 06:02 AM) *

I grew up watching I5 being built. All of that was forest to the north, and Tacoma was a separate city a long way off. I have trouble looking at the NW now without real anguish. At least the eagles and the seals are back. If you see an eagle thank the EPA. Also I miss the November gales.
'Ave fun with the phantom 914-6. They say it only appears on foggy nights in the mists of Ferndale, or sometimes Orting, or Bumping Log. Or once it was seen prowling through Humptulips. A ghostly car with no engine - or maybe a spare 2.2

The socalled 914/6-Nessy lol-2.gif

IPB Image
messix
i'm pretty sure that is the car that dan [rootwerks] was trying to acquire a couple of years ago.
Mr.242
Finally got an email from the guy saying: *****SOLD****

Got me thinking of an idea to ask WA State Dept of Licencing for public Disclosure on ALL Porsche 914 owners on file. Sort out where the 914-6 owners really are....crazy state has to give up all those files.

I suspect I'll find more a SIXNOTFOUR than anyone else; unless JRUST has some registered in WA state he is hiding from his wife. shades.gif
lostreasure
I had emailed also with no reply! week later same result "SOLD" Strange why not reply when I sent original email?
QUOTE(lostreasure @ Sep 22 2013, 01:28 PM) *

I had emailed also with no reply! week later same result "SOLD" Strange why not reply when I sent original email?

No reply....sounds very familiar. piratenanner.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.