Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Northeast Rally & BBQ Pictures Thread
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
ChrisFoley
I'm headed to the departure zone in an hour, after a few more preparations at home.
driving.gif
timothy_nd28
popcorn[1].gif
wndsnd
popcorn[1].gif
Mblizzard
popcorn[1].gif waiting?
r_towle
What a great day, many others had cameras.

Chris is a great host and I believe we had the most 914's at our event ever, 13-15 I think, 3 911's, and a few chase cars of some brand, plus a truck...off all things a truck, geez.

Anyways, Chris designed a really fun rally that kept everyone entertained rolling through the hills, lakes, rivers, orchards and FARMS of New England....loads of fun.

My wife came with me for our second ever event together, which was great...finally getting her to join me. on our first rally we had an accident on the way home which laid up the 911 for more than a few months while I repaired it.
Well, we made it through the day safely and had a great time.

this is our second rally ever and we remain undefeated.
I got a really amazing prize and thank you guys for providing these prizes.

I got a full LED set of TimGauge custom controlled gauges....really quite cool.

I can't thank Chris enough for doing this, it was great to see everyone again, and wonderful to see such a large presence in the northeast.

Mital...you missed a great day, missed you buddy.

We would have posted all day long but we could not get a live event loader setup for this in time...so you guys have to wait for the pics till everyone unloads cameras.

rich
rwilner
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 14 2013, 07:30 PM) *

Chris is a great host and I believe we had the most 914's at our event ever, 13-15 I think, 3 911's, and a few chase cars of some brand, plus a truck...off all things a truck, geez.

Anyways, Chris designed a really fun rally that kept everyone entertained rolling through the hills, lakes, rivers, orchards and FARMS of New England....loads of fun.

My wife came with me for our second ever event together, which was great...finally getting her to join me. on our first rally we had an accident on the way home which laid up the 911 for more than a few months while I repaired it.

I can't thank Chris enough for doing this, it was great to see everyone again, and wonderful to see such a large presence in the northeast.

We would have posted all day long but we could not get a live event loader setup for this in time...so you guys have to wait for the pics till everyone unloads cameras.

rich

I'm jealous.

See you guys in like 5 years wink.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(rwilner @ Sep 14 2013, 08:17 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 14 2013, 07:30 PM) *

rich

I'm jealous.

See you guys in like 5 years wink.gif

20, you can't have just one.....they get lonely.
ChrisFoley
Stay Tuned.
ChrisFoley
he he

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=le3kxztvD8M
r_towle
Bravo
jtf914
I wish I could have made it but I am coaching soccer this year...maybe next year...
Rleog
Thanks Mary, Chris and all who helped out. Great day; fun rally; gracious hosts!

beerchug.gif

IPB Image

Rleog
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 14 2013, 09:14 PM) *

Stay Tuned.

lol-2.gif

ChrisFoley
QUOTE(Rleog @ Sep 14 2013, 10:36 PM) *

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 14 2013, 09:14 PM) *

Stay Tuned.

lol-2.gif

Posted at 9:14PM EST on 9/14/2013
cheer.gif
shawn914
Looks like a great 914 event - cars and location (New England in the fall).
Also, noticed a bunch of COTM contenders. Just sayin...
wndsnd
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 14 2013, 09:48 PM) *

What time did the cops come by? blink.gif

Really Chris, it looks like you had a great event.

John
r_towle
I saw a lot more cameras there...come on guys.
Elliot Cannon
I have GOT to get back east for some of these events. How many people found the tire store? av-943.gif
ejm
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 15 2013, 12:10 PM) *

I have GOT to get back east for some of these events. How many people found the tire store? av-943.gif

A year or two ago there was this one guy from the west coast poke.gif laugh.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 15 2013, 12:55 PM) *

QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 15 2013, 12:10 PM) *

A year or two ago there was this one guy from the west coast poke.gif laugh.gif

Thank god the west coast does not come to these, heck we barely get acknowledged smile.gif
turk22
There should be a rule that all pictures from World get together's must have captions, explaining who/what is in the picture...

Looked like it was a good time, love seeing all the Teeners at one place.. beerchug.gif
scott_in_nh
From the Roof of Chris's barn after the Rally.
Linda and I had a great time - Thanks again to Chris, Mary and everybody who helped throw this event!
Thanks to everyone who made it there, especially those who drove or navigated a 914!
ChrisFoley
Nice picture Scott!
The only 914 missing is Guy's blue 2270.
He could only run the rally.
Since Bill Theriault had to leave right away too, most pictures don't have the green car at the end either.
In all we had 14 914s, 3 911s, and 2 "others" in attendance.
One more original six was at the shop but the owner had to leave when the rally started.
Big Len
Click to view attachment lol-2.gif Click to view attachmentClick to view attachmentI have a couple.
Maltese Falcon
Nice 914 turnout and beautiful scenery too, thanks for posting the pics. Great party Chris !
Marty
hot_shoe914
QUOTE(ejm @ Sep 14 2013, 07:33 PM) *

This explains why there were no orange cars at RRC.
AndyB
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 15 2013, 08:18 PM) *

Nice picture Scott!
Since Bill Theriault had to leave right away too, most pictures don't have the green car at the end either.
One more original six was at the shop but the owner had to leave when the rally started.

Wow now I am classified as other? How about one other and the trail vehicle recovery team. Not that my wife would have been very helpful.
r_towle
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Sep 16 2013, 09:43 AM) *

Nice picture Scott!

Wow now I am classified as other? How about one other and the trail vehicle recovery team. Not that my wife would have been very helpful.

Seeing as this is not in the sandbox, "other" was the term that seemed to be the best fit for the garage forum.

Rich
AndyB
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 16 2013, 11:54 AM) *

Nice picture Scott!

Seeing as this is not in the sandbox, "other" was the term that seemed to be the best fit for the garage forum.

Rich

Perhaps we should count the 911's as other? After all it was a 914 rally on 9/14 slap.gif
r_towle
QUOTE(Scarlet75 @ Sep 16 2013, 01:12 PM) *

QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 16 2013, 11:54 AM) *

Nice picture Scott!

Rich

Perhaps we should count the 911's as other? After all it was a 914 rally on 9/14 slap.gif

Oh, we are talking about cars? smile.gif
914itis
Boys , get back to your room!
AZ914
Great pics!

Lovin' the black six and white GT!
ChrisFoley
Here are a few that Mary took in the afternoon.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

The last 2 pics were taken during the awards ceremony.

The grand prize was a set of Tim's LED programmable gauge lights, won by Rich and Lisa Towle. They had a score of 28 - very observant!
Second prize went to Joe and Lee Munch, who received a gift certificate from Tangerine Racing Products. I had to retally their score because some of Lee's answers were written on the back of the sheet. They got 20 points.
3rd went to Scott Pratt and his girlfriend Linda, just behind 2nd by 2 points. 3rd prize was a 914 Tangerine Racing Grill Spatula.

I think Scott and Linda were the only ones to run the entire route without losing their way.
They were so efficient that they arrived at the party nearly an hour before the rest of us. They even waited at both rest stops but never saw another 914. Way to go you two!
The less skilled navigators had to rely on their GPS just to reach the first rest stop.
scott_in_nh
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Sep 16 2013, 05:44 PM) *

I think Scott and Linda were the only ones to run the entire route without losing their way.
They were so efficient that they arrived at the party nearly an hour before the rest of us. They even waited at both rest stops but never saw another 914. Way to go you two!
The less skilled navigators had to rely on their GPS just to reach the first rest stop.

Thanks Chris, I'm not as fast in AX so all the credit goes to Linda - we made a great team! biggrin.gif
scott_in_nh
The proof! smilie_pokal.gif

guywan914
Thanks Chris for an excellent route and the great weather!
guywan914
This is the first chance I have had to upload
guywan914
I wont get lost in my own backyard next year!
guywan914
another
guywan914
Yeah yeah, I know they're not in order
guywan914
the sixes were awesome
guywan914
Another
guywan914
Notice how the 914's have the tail draggers boxed in!! lol
guywan914
Last one for tonight
Porschef
Nice. Nothing really new with these pics, it was an awesome time; met some new folks, and saw some of the others from the last rally. Dragged the wife along, God bless her, she loves the teener. Her brother had one up in Alaska in the 80's, she's always liked them.... screwy.gif

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Couple more to come
Porschef
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.