Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anyone available in the Fremont ca area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JStroud
Looks like i might have found my two post lift, but it's in Fremont ca, and I have to dismantle it and load it on my trailer.

If anyone is available to help my cell is 916-834-6574

Trying to get it done today.....but tomorrow might work too.
Need to talk to the guy this morning before I'll know for sure.

I'll buy beverages and lunch.......and let you use it.
Sorry about the late notice, but sometimes you have to jump at a good deal.

Thanks

Jeff
Eric_Shea
Sorry. Not in the Fremont area but, if you'd like to bring it here we can unload it and assemble it here! beer.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Sep 14 2013, 07:27 AM) *

Sorry. Not in the Fremont area but, if you'd like to bring it here we can unload it and assemble it here! beer.gif

You're a funny guy......I'll keep it in mind

Well just talked to the guy, its a done deal, paypaled a deposit, but need to get it today, or access will not be as good.
I've got Jim (JimN73), and looks like one other, one or two more would be nice, they're really heavy...

Free meal and lift privligous...........

Thanks
Jeff
JeffBowlsby
I moved and did my 4-post solo, it was very heavy. I used a furniture dolly, picking up one end of things at a time, wasn't too bad.
bulitt
A rental engine hoist with some straps will work in a pinch.
JStroud
Biggest problem is just lowering the posts....safely, figured out a way using my electric winch, so shouldn't be a problem with the three of us.

Looks like we'll be there around 1:00, so if anyone wants to come by and lend a hand call my cell.

Jeff
McMark
I did mine with one other guy. Worked out fine but scared the crap outta me the whole time from start to finish. Good luck!
JStroud
Got the lift apart and loaded without too much trouble, was actually lighter than I thought it would be. we were able to lay the posts down on the end of the trailer, then put a car dolly under each post and rolled them onto the trailer, didn't even need the electric winch I brought.

So here it is being taken apart.

Click to view attachment

Loaded up, ready for some pizza and beer.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Went to a place in Niles called Bronco Billy's Pizza, awesome pizza, I highly recommend it to anyone in the area if you haven't tried them.

Thanks again Jim, as always, a pleasure talking with you, and appreciate all your help.

Jeff
JimN73
Jeff, glad i could help. turned out not to be as scary as I expected.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.