Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: This one looks kinda ugly - how much to repaint?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Zaphod
1975 914 2.0

What do you guys figure it'd cost to fix the ugly paint scheme on this one, assuming it's in otherwise good shape? No real way to tell from the pic if it's worth the $4900 they want for it - would be nice to have pics of the important spots instead of just one low-res of the exterior. At least it's an ad for one that's near me for once, though <_<

I suppose if the paint can be redone for a reasonable price, it might be worth looking at at least...
GWN7
At least it's only a 1/2 hr away to go look at it. Not sure on the repaint costs...depends on what shape the paint/hood is in and if it's just the hood that needs it.
Ferg
I had everthing but the hood and windsheild frame re shot for 2300 bucks, that was with me removing all bumpers, rubber trim ect ect ect before it was brought to the shop. I was in the same boat as you, removing a good, but ugly prior paint scheme.

Ferg.
SteveL
I am in Mpls too. If you would like a second set of eyes to go with to look at it, let me know. $4900 seems kinda high considering it needs paint work, unless it is otherwise VERY clean.
Zaphod
ouch, $2300 for paint? that car better be *perfect* otherwise then, for $4900...
Ferg
2300 for paint is cheep! I do have much higher standards than most, so a tape and spray was not going to cut it.
Ferg.
Zaphod
Well, if $2000+ is cheap for paint, then I probably don't need to even bother looking at that particular example, though I must thank SteveL for the offer to go look with me.

I'm continually impressed by the people on this board - you all seem so willing to help each other (and even newbies like me) out! It's just amazing - most people seem to use the anonymity of the internet to be assholes without having to own up to their actions. You guys are a cut above the rest!

biggrin.gif
GWN7
There is a great body shop in WI (near Eau Claire). The owners son has a 914 and from the quality of the work I saw being done I would recommend them for a repaint. If you get the car I'll dig out their card for you. I needed some welding done to the dolly on the way back from Tennessee and was sent to them.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.