Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Forget 17" do I run my new 16's black centers with polished lips?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
JRust
Okay I mentioned I was going to try my Rota Fuch replica's on my new suby conversion. I appreciate your input. It will all come down to what I like best in the end. So lay it on me what do you think confused24.gif .Keep in mind the green changes a lot depending on the lighting. First pics it looks much lighter than the second
Rand
2nd pic FTW. The all black centers look better with the color scheme.
Spoke
I'm partial to the classic Fuchs look with steel pedals.
J-ROD
2nd pic
SirAndy
QUOTE(Rand @ Sep 14 2013, 11:30 AM) *

2nd pic FTW. The all black centers look better with the color scheme.

agree.gif
DBCooper
Me too for the Fuchs. Funny thing, we got those same Rota wheels on a 914 project we bought. They didn't look good on that car so my son took them for his Bug that's about the same green as your car (well, similar). They look great on the bug, just didn't do it on the 914.

carr914
Jamie, go with the wheels that came with the car, but get Black Lug Nuts

The Rota's look better on a 911!

Click to view attachment
McMark
I prefer the Finish on the Rotas, but I don't like how high it rides.
Mike Bellis
I think you should get rid of the Rotas. I'll come up, get them and dispose of for you... beer.gif
bulitt
second pic!
Black22
QUOTE(McMark @ Sep 14 2013, 02:13 PM) *

I prefer the Finish on the Rotas, but I don't like how high it rides.

agree.gif Those are my thoughts exactly! Thanks for typing it out for me Mark.
TravisNeff
The 16's all day long... The black centers makes the green paint pop, the 17s with the RSR finish kinda washes out that great color
montoya 73 2.0
I agree with Mcmark. Put the 17's on the birdboard and let some ass dragger buy them. They have unlimited bank accounts!!!
r_towle
Rotas ftw
scotty b
16's all the way

17's start looking Donk-ish on a 914 to me
Kirmizi
QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Sep 14 2013, 02:22 PM) *

The 16's all day long... The black centers makes the green paint pop, the 17s with the RSR finish kinda washes out that great color

agree.gif
poorsche914
QUOTE(Kirmizi @ Sep 14 2013, 08:37 PM) *

QUOTE(Travis Neff @ Sep 14 2013, 02:22 PM) *

agree.gif

agree.gif
iamchappy
I like them both...
rick 918-S
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 14 2013, 06:53 PM) *

16's all the way

agree.gif with the boxy lines the 914's need some side wall. Keeps the vintage look.
sixnotfour
agree.gif
But this is a 17
JRust
I'm kind of split. I may list the Rota's on the Bird Board just to see if some one jumps on them. Just tough to do as I have so much invested in them. I love Fuchs so that really isn't the question. I kind of like the 17's myself but I am wondering how they would look with black centers? I don't think I will end up going wrong with either wheel. If I stick with 16's I will find a set of 16x8's for the rear though. I may even just run the Rota's for a while. I don't know idea.gif . Luckily I have great options here
scotty b
Black plasti-dip the Rota centers. See how it looks, if it's a no, it peels off.....so I've been told
ben*james
QUOTE(r_towle @ Sep 14 2013, 04:23 PM) *

Rotas ftw

agree.gif
Fuchs baby Fuchs
ben*james
You could have gotten some live feedback tonight at the drive in. I was pumped up to see your car, hope to next time.
JRust
QUOTE(ben*james @ Sep 14 2013, 09:45 PM) *

You could have gotten some live feedback tonight at the drive in. I was pumped up to see your car, hope to next time.

Yeah wish I could have been there. Didn't get done in Waldport until 5:30. Made it home to Corvallis about 7:15
ben*james
poke.gif
Timing is always an issue. Cheers beer.gif

QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 14 2013, 10:22 PM) *

QUOTE(ben*james @ Sep 14 2013, 09:45 PM) *

Yeah wish I could have been there. Didn't get done in Waldport until 5:30. Made it home to Corvallis about 7:15

poke.gif
carr914
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 14 2013, 10:43 PM) *

If I stick with 16's I will find a set of 16x8's for the rear though. idea.gif .

If you find Two Sets of 16x8's @ a reasonable price let me know, as I've been looking for one set - those Fuchers are getting expensive confused24.gif
DBCooper
If you find three sets let me know too.
bigkensteele
I am a sucker for the RSR finish. I like the Rotas.
JRust
I threw my Rota's on the Bird board to test the waters. If I can get my money out of them I'll sell them. If not they are going on it. Not going to waste them & I do like the look of them on the car. While I admit the 16's look a little better. I certainly am not going to feel inferior with the 17's on it blink.gif
tadink
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 16 2013, 12:57 PM) *

I threw my Rota's on the Bird board to test the waters. If I can get my money out of them I'll sell them. If not they are going on it. Not going to waste them & I do like the look of them on the car. While I admit the 16's look a little better. I certainly am not going to feel inferior with the 17's on it blink.gif

I have 17s and am looking for 16s due to ride height - just too up off the ground.

although - it does make getting under the car easier!

td
JRust
I don't mind the ride height on them. Especially on a conversion car that has some things riding a little lower than a stock car does rolleyes.gif . It came down to the money in the end. If I could get close to what I had in them. I'd sell them. Turns out they went to a fellow member & quick. Glad to see them going to a fellow teener. I'll be keeping my eye's open for a set of 8x16's. Even more so if I'm lucky a pair of 9x16's. I'd like to run 8's up front & 9's in the rear. Odds are it will be 8's in back & that is fine. I've got another pair of 7's. I've got another teener who would like my full set of 4 7x16's. So If I can get my 8's soon. I'll make 3 people happy out of this deal overall piratenanner.gif
sixnotfour
16x8/9 3 piece no spacers 225/245 x 16 beerchug.gif
JRust
Let's make it happen Jeff biggrin.gif
JStroud
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 20 2013, 12:48 PM) *

I'm ready shades.gif

Jeff
JRust
LOL! I meant Jeff Hines evilgrin.gif . Of course you can get these wheels Jeff. Just gotta get with Hines for my replacements rolleyes.gif . We're good
QUOTE(jsconst @ Sep 20 2013, 07:13 PM) *

I'm ready shades.gif

Jeff

JStroud
QUOTE(JRust @ Sep 20 2013, 07:30 PM) *

LOL! I meant Jeff Hines evilgrin.gif . Of course you can get these wheels Jeff. Just gotta get with Hines for my replacements rolleyes.gif . We're good
QUOTE(jsconst @ Sep 20 2013, 07:13 PM) *

I'm ready shades.gif

Jeff

I knew what you meant poke.gif just Fuching with you. av-943.gif

Jeff....one of them
Elliot Cannon
QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 14 2013, 04:53 PM) *

16's all the way

Unless, of course they're on this one. laugh.gif first.gif poke.gif
JRust
It's those extra Dezu's fasteners that really make your wheels pop Elliot happy11.gif . Your car is looking great Elliot. You getting your motor going yet? I did happen to pick up a Big4 motor with a fresh build. Needs a home now as I have changed directions with most my 914 projects blink.gif
AZ914
Nice Donk Elliot! willis.gif
badmiata
Wheeldude (ROTA) has wheel caps! I Like the rota's myself, but I do think caps would help finish the look. Just love the RS look of them.
badmiata
QUOTE(Elliot Cannon @ Sep 20 2013, 08:01 PM) *

QUOTE(scotty b @ Sep 14 2013, 04:53 PM) *

16's all the way

Unless, of course they're on this one. laugh.gif first.gif poke.gif

Elliot what size are those and are spacers needed??
boxstr
Jamie, while your at it I have a really nice set of rivieras you should try.
Craig at CAMP
sixnotfour
beer3.gif
sixnotfour
piratenanner.gif
Rand
The last two photos were all I needed to confirm my thoughts. No offense to Jeff, but, just wrong beyond dancing banana fix. Proportions bro. Proportions. Don't get ridonkulous.

Jamie.... Dean did this car right. Don't fuck with it. Please.

In case there was any question, let me be clear: Jamie.... Dean did this car right. Don't fuck with it. Please.

If you want to fuck with something, find something else in the barn. This car was PERFECT when you bought it. Please leave well enough alone and fuck with another car. I mean, would you buy the Mona Lisa and start water painting new eyelashes?

Ok, all due respect SHIT bro, OMG, you TITS just gave me ASS just fucking Tourette's. OMG. Go get a FUCKING ASS WIPE coffee.

I hope you get the joking vibe I'm coming from. Just teasing you. But I also hope you DON'T FUCK it UP! sheeplove.gif laugh.gif :lmfao: poke.gif WTF.gif smilie_pokal.gif
Ok, I'm backing off the smileys now before someone thinks I'm Drums66
JRust
Okay latest question. The 17" Rota's are gone. Also my 7x16" Fuchs are sold. With my wider 16" fuchs going on. Do you think the black centers with the polished lip look best? Or would polished lips & paddles with black background look better? Basically the RSR look but polished

Also if black centers. Do I keep the polished cap & lug nuts?
r_towle
I think the way it is in the picture looks nice.

Don't listen torand...he has torands disease.....it's a big mouth and a high opinion of his own opinion. poke.gif

Your money, do what you want.
Use the 914 drawing site and you can look at both wheels on your car.
Mike Bellis
QUOTE(JRust @ Oct 1 2013, 08:29 PM) *

Okay latest question. The 17" Rota's are gone. Also my 7x16" Fuchs are sold. With my wider 16" fuchs going on. Do you think the black centers with the polished lip look best? Or would polished lips & paddles with black background look better? Basically the RSR look but polished

Also if black centers. Do I keep the polished cap & lug nuts?

Put 2 on the right side and 2 on the left. Drive it for a week and decide which you like better... idea.gif
JRust
QUOTE(kg6dxn @ Oct 1 2013, 09:04 PM) *

Put 2 on the right side and 2 on the left. Drive it for a week and decide which you like better... idea.gif

That is very sensible confused24.gif Now I'm really confused blink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.