Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Odometer Trip Reset
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
e_artiles
How do you remove the Trip Odometer Cable so that the speedometer can be pulled out? I can't see how to release it from the dash frame.

Click to view attachment
Dave_Darling
I believe that black plastic part just sticks through the bottom of the dash. There might be a nut on the underside, but I thought it just pushed through.

There should be a knurled knob on the end of the cable, held on by a little set screw. That needs to be removed before you can pull the cable out.

--DD
HarveyH
On the other side there is the knurled knob. Loosen or remove the small set screw holding the knob to the reset shaft and remove the knob. Use a spanner,
Click to view attachment

modified screwdriver or the tips of a pair of needlenose pliers to unscrew and remove the eustechon. Pull the cable out of the lip of the dashboard.

Method 2: As you pull the instrument out of the instrument panel, you can also use a small screwdriver to pry the nylon locking ferrule out of the back of the speedometer and then pull the reset cable out of the instrument, leaving the cable attached to the dash panel.

Harvey

As usual, Dave was faster.....
TheCabinetmaker
IIRC, the cable just pushes into the back of the speedo. Should pull right out.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.