Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Eclipse Audio...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
I went to the good guys this weekend to start shopping for a car stereo system. The sales person was adamant that Eclipse is "the only way to go."

Having worked for TGG before, I know that one of the motivators is commission... but.. sometimes there is a benefit in certain products. So....

Do you know anything about eclipse car audio? Good? bad? ugly? I already know they are more pricey. but... are they worth it?
MXMARK
Hi, I have 4 unit in 4 different cars right now. The eclipse has been very reliable an the sound quality works for me. I did have a problem with one and Al and Ed's were I bought it sent it back and eclipse fixed it for free. Easy to use lot of cool stuff like a seperate volume for the bass speaker and 3 sets of rca outs ft,rr,sub. The only problem that I have now is with that cd-r's do not play but it might be the way I burned them? Good luck Mark

The amps work well so do the speakers.
mike_the_man
I looked at Eclipse a while back. They didn't have a detachable face plate, but it came with a special disc you have to put in everytime you cut the power to the unit, to reactivate the unit. Plus, the salesman told me that Eclipse keeps a record of who buys one, so if it's stolen, and the crook brings it in to get fixed, the shop will know that it's stolen. I was also told that if it is stolen, Eclipse will replace the unit for free, no questions asked. It all sounded pretty good to me, and they seem to be pretty high quality. If the price is decent, go for it.
Carl
Eclipse is a Fujitsu brand and Fujitsu has been in car audio for a long time. I have one in my 911 now and I'm pleased with it.
Otmar
I've got a head unit and have often used the speakers, Very happy with them!
btw: you choose one of your own CD's to be the Key CD. You need it anytime it loses power.

Wish they drove iPods though....
McMark
I'm also an Eclipse fan. Had one unit for about 6 years now. I liked it so much I bought a second one (same model). I have 4 pairs of their speakers.

I've heard good things about Boston Acoustics speakers as well.
Tom Perso
I have one in my truck and I love it...

Here's the system.

Thumps good and is mostly hidden (try that in most trucks, 2 10's in the back, under the back seat...

Dakota Stereo

Tom
tat2dphreak
I have used eclipse in comp systems in the past... very good quality!! as good as Alpine IMHO
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.